[LSNN] City Driver Magazine - A lucky interview with Clutch Competitions

1683055784_Cover(5).thumb.png.56d3f7c1c1dcd461bc93cdca03a80d18.png

A LUCKY INTERVIEW WITH CLUTCH COMPETITIONS

We interview Eddie Carter, CEO of the Company

In City Driver Magazine we interview today the CEO of Clutch Competitions, mister Eddie Carter. Owner and pioneer of one of the most innovative business concerning cars, they are really encouraged on bringing in a brand-new way of purchasing exotic cars. Had you ever thought is impossible buying a supercar for less than a Faction? Yes? Then, keep reading. This interview is meant to change your mind.

jIqFlRr.jpg

So, Clutch Competitions, let’s talk about you guys. Which is your main goal?

Well, basically our website homepage has our company message: “Own your dream car”. We take pride in allowing people to own their dream cars at only a fraction of the retail value.

How you guys manage to do that?

It’s a lottery of sorts, one lucky winner is picked out at random from all the contestants.

Right. I believe that when somebody wants to get a brand new luxury cars he has now two options: one, go get one from the dealer. Two, buy a ticket and fingers crossed. Is that correct?

Correct, every raffle we do has various entry costs. Currently we are running one concerning a Paragon R and a different one with a Jester Classic. For the first one, each ticket is $11 000.00 and for the second one, $3 500.00. Of course we do deals on multiple purchases for those customers who have cash and willing to spend it.

So it’s possible for the same customer to buy more than one ticket There’s any maximum?

Depends, currently there’s no limit but in the past there was a maximum of ten entries per person.

And how many entries do you sell per car?

Like the cost, the amount of entries also varies per car. For example, the one we’re having with the Paragon R has 65 tickets, meanwhile the Jester Classic raffle will have up to 100. We wanted to allow more people to partake in our competitions by having one low and one high value vehicle up for grabs. We try to make it as fair as we can.

And how do you ensure the raffle will be completely random and fair? Do you use any sort of software?

Correct, yes. We do use a trusted random number generator which ensures every fair is fair. We really purchased a good one in here. Is hard to build up credibility at the start as you can imagine. No one wants to hand over money to a stranger. Now that we have performed our first giveaway, customers can see our winner gallery on our website as sort of proof that we are legitimate.

Despite of that, did the company ever suffered any kind of problems with angry customers?

No, we had a few people contacting us and saying we were a scam but no one ever angry. We gave to some free entrances for the next raffle as a proof of our honesty. We want to build the best relationship between us and the customers out of any lottery business in Los Santos.

Good. Let’s head back to the past shortly. How was Clutch Competitions born?

I had the idea a while back, but never had the funds to actually start it. So I started a job as a fisherman until I could get the first car. Then I’ve built the webpage and now we are here. Got my friend from school to help me out. He’s the advertising and sales director now.

How many workers do you have now? Hiring more, maybe?

We are a four crew. Not hiring at the moment. We literally can’t afford to pay a cent more. We get a very little margin at the end when you include all the advertising costs, licensing, giveaways and etcétera. But we make a living, and the joy of people’s faces when they get the car is immeasurable.

I guess so. Maybe this only happens once in a lifetime.

You can also be extremely lucky.

Also, yes. You’re right. Mr. Carter. Is Clutch Competitions open to investors? For example, could somebody that wants to buy and donate the car for the next raffle be able to reach you and make money from that?

We are in the process of sorting that exact matter out. We would love to work with other businesses. Would be good for both parties.

yiU1SDe.jpg

Well. This is all Mr. Carter. Thank you for spending your time with us. Prior to leave, I would like to ask you some personal taste related questions about cars. This is a motor magazine for motor enthusiasts. Are you up to this?

I am, indeed.

You can answer them with just one word. First one: petrol or diesel?

Petrol all the way, no question about it.

Sports cars or big luxury SUVs?

Sports cars.

Driving a long distance or picking a plane?

Driving, assuming you got something worth driving.

Driving during a long time at a reasonable speed or huge speed, short time?

I have to say huge speed, short time.

I agree.

In a safe and secured environment, of course.

Big monster engine or massive cornering grip.

Power isn’t everything, I would rather have the grip. Works better in the long run.

Smart guy I see. Racing on a race track or driving a rally stage?

Uh…you got me here.

You have to choose one.

Right… Then, I would say rally. Going at a hundred mile per hour on a dirt road barely wide enough to fit the car you’re in is a thrill that is hard to beat.

I have to say that I completely agree with you. One more question, if you don’t mind: noisy exhaust or silent tail?

Certain engines have a note that is just beautiful, no other way to put it. All the noise all the time, a sin to me to keep that all hidden behind a muffler.

&tab=comments

Mr. Carter, thanks so much to spending the afternoon with us. Best of lucks with your company. And hope to speak you soon.

The pleasure was mine Berta. Thank you for inviting me and for the interview. I really had a great time.

These were the words of Eddie Carter, CEO of Clutch Competitions. Now you already know. If you are thinking on purchasing a new sports car you have two options. You can go to the dealer or buy a ticket for the next raffle. Maybe is not the safest way of obtaining it. But, if it is your lucky day? How many chances can somebody have to obtain a brand new Paragon R for just eleven thousands? Think about it. And make your choice.

ni2lLN5.jpg

Berta K. Torres

LSNN

NpL6naL.png

yGOZrEm.png

• Applaud 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic