[GUIDE] Realistic RP & Character Development

24 minutes ago, Cosmo. said:

Great job, I just started on the server and even though I come from SA:MP and have experience in roleplay it's always best to keep learning since nobody is perfect!

Thank you, Bash!

Absolutely! This is not complete but it will be a GREAT reference for those who want to hone their RP skills!

Thank You for showing appreciation! 

It is my pleasure!

Well, deliver, honestly I get bored of rp, and usually, that occurs within 2 hours of playing.  I usually transition to a different game-like modern warfare.   And most likely would play MW for a good 4 to 5 hours. So, I guess some people want to rob or do some "exciting shit" with their character even though it doesn't match their character personality, so it leads to doing things that aren't realistic. Like approaching a group of people they hardly know and sell drugs or talk shit etc, or random robberies. I would say log out and do something else when you get bored. It's perfectly normal to do so. I can't play GTAW for more than 2 hours. I can see how rp can become addictive and how some get sucked into their character. My advice to anyone who gets bored after a while playing, just log off and do something else, don't ruin other player's role play experience. I haven't play GTAW in 2 days now, been really playing MW. 

2 minutes ago, Gloccs said:

Well, deliver, honestly I get bored of rp, and usually, that occurs within 2 hours of playing.  I usually transition to a different game-like modern warfare.   And most likely would play MW for a good 4 to 5 hours. So, I guess some people want to rob or do some "exciting shit" with their character even though it doesn't match their character personality, so it leads to doing things that aren't realistic. Like approaching a group of people they hardly know and sell drugs or talk shit etc, or random robberies. I would say log out and do something else when you get bored. It's perfectly normal to do so. I can't play GTAW for more than 2 hours. I can see how rp can become addictive and how some get sucked into their character. My advice to anyone who gets bored after a while playing, just log off and do something else, don't ruin other player's role play experience. I haven't play GTAW in 2 days now, been really playing MW. 

That is a pretty good recommendation @Gloccs

Some of us get addicted, because we find a story and development that we enjoy doing. When your character does more than just stand around and the RP starts coming to them... It's pretty thrilling! A developed or developing character encounters RP so much easier.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2020 at 5:34 AM, Bash said:
  • History/Backstory
  • Their Age
  • Weaknesses/Flaws
  • Their Beliefs and Culture
  • Their Education, future, career goals.
  • And their style.

I love this part. I've been involved in debates often, where people tell me that. "My character is developed in game!", and just stick to that.

• Bash pinned this topic
  • Bash featured this topic