What's improved on GTAW?

As the title suggests, what's improved on GTAW, or what's gotten worse?

From what I've seen, there's been a lot of major improvements, some of the big ones since my arrival in April of 2018 are the faction system, the new supplier system, law-enforcement in general, the removal of mining, and, of course, sync, comparing the old shooting sync to the current one is definitely night and day. These are just some of the things I am sure there are a bunch more I've forgotten.

The absence of crashes 100%. I remember I used to get really frustrated with crashes interrupting roleplay, to the point where I'd hate commit to longer scenes. Also player population. When I started, there were just time windows were I thought there was no point to logging in, other than to grind or drive around aimlessly to kill time. As is, I feel like you could play in any timezone and get some roleplay in.

1 hour ago, Five-oh said:

The absence of crashes 100%. I remember I used to get really frustrated with crashes interrupting roleplay, to the point where I'd hate commit to longer scenes. Also player population. When I started, there were just time windows were I thought there was no point to logging in, other than to grind or drive around aimlessly to kill time. As is, I feel like you could play in any timezone and get some roleplay in.

I can definitely relate to this, especially the player population. I remember playing with 60 people in the server, thinking it was decent for my timezone playing at night. Now when i see less than 200 players on I just don't bother joining.

Edited by icarusfeather

Role-play standard. This server averages at 600, peaks at 800, and the quality of role-play has only improved. Players are held to a specific standard by the server administration and it's not as easy to join as it is someplace else. That's commendable, because other servers nearing that many players are full of trolls and they let it happen. Quality over quantity all the way from GTAW.

• Upvote 1