Will playing GTA World get me banned?

M11UTX

Hi, I've been playing GTA V on PS3 and PS4 for a couple years now, but since Epic Games have given out GTA V for free, I wanted to try my hand at RP. However, I'm scared that downloading any sort of modification to the game files will cause me to get a Social Club ban of some sort which would prohibit me to play GTA Online.

Can you guys help me out? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Rohan. said:

RAGE MP is safe, it won't get you banned on social club or anything. Good luck ahead if you plan to join the server.

I've seen some threads on rockstar forums saying that you would? 

You'll be fine, assuming you don't modify the game at all. You get a warning when you try connect to say that it has detected modified files - which I've had before by launching with OpenIV mods enabled. I can connect fine to GTA Online without it enabled and I haven't been banned.

RageMP uses a different online subsystem to connect you to rage servers. It bypasses Rockstars servers altogether. Even if Rockstar cared, which they don’t, they’d never know you’re playing RageMP. You don’t connect to their services aside from a quick auth when the game launches to verify your SocialClub account in the background. 

• Upvote 1

You'll be fine. RAGE MP doesn't modify any of your directory files.

Whenever you try to connect to GTA Online with mods, it just automatically redirects you to singleplayer with a message saying that you have a modified copy of the game, so you're safe there as well.

• mj2002 locked this topic