Pause prison times when switching character or logging off.

Just now, khaled said:

I don't think it is a good idea especially with how long jail sentences are on the server. Let the ones who don't wish to RP in jail go. The ones who wish to provide and experience quality jail-RP will stay. Forcing players to remain in jails for days will just encourage more non-RP behavior in the jail, which will ruin the atmosphere for the ones who actually take it seriously.

exactly. atleast now the ones who are in jail actually want to be there

Imagine getting a day sentence and you can play around 1 hour per day. I'd take you the better part of a month to get out, especially if prison RP is something you don't enjoy. If someone spends their whole jail time online, they won't magically start roleplaying if they have to be on at all times, they'll just AFK in a dark corner. 

No from me, this would be just a very long admin jail, which is how lsrp prison basically was. 

Edited by Rozi

Role-playing in the jail* is a niche within a niche. It's not for everybody. We prefer to let those who just want to skip it out to do so if that's what they want to do. The result of letting the timer only run when in-game will require an entire penal code re-write with actual times calculated in hours rather than days and it will only boost the general activity for a few at the cost of quality. 

• Upvote 3
On 5/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, friendlyman said:

Maybe just make it so that if you don't RP on that char for 24-48 hours or something, your time goes by half as fast? That way, it encourages people to log on and RP but doesn't force them to do so.

This is a thing by the way.

Disagree. This would just discourage criminal RP. Having to do a 20 day sentence would just make the rp boring, all the inmates would just be doing anims. With the OOC prison system, its still realistic, characters are not seen on the server for the amount of time they are sentenced to,.