The end of the beloved Vespucci's corner store

I really hope that Rob's Liquor can be restored to it's previous state. As others have mentioned, especially in non-peak hours, this was one of my go-to stops. Getting to know it's regulars, both customers and employees, was rather wholesome. I implore that the changes that've been made be reversed. 

I have been roleplaying there earlier this week and I do more frequently. It’s a nice place to roleplay, it was well advertised and well known with the community. Changing it into a liquor store greatly reduces the amount of roleplay. 

I sincerely hope that management will see this thread, with the overwhelming support and give you back what you have had for such a long time.

Edited by Tseard
7 hours ago, EastBoys said:

They should replace the actual entire store as 24/7. If it was scripted as a 24/7. Then the interior should match a 24/7 store. It makes no sense for it to be a 24/7 store, yet the outside of the place reads "Rob Liqour", replace the entire store if you want to rp it as a 24/7 store.  Or role play it as a liquor store. Because that's what the interior matches the actual store. In real life if I walk into a Liqour store call "Frank's Liqour" and see chocolate candy bars, cigs and sodas, bag of chips, cookies etc, I'm going to be like what the actual fuck is this? In a liqour store, there's all different kinds of liqour. Sky, Everclear, Tequilla, Whiskey, etc, not nesquick milk. 

On this subject, since when do 24/7 stores or I should say Seven-Eleven stores sell duffle bags or baseball bats, I need to talk to the clerks in my area, we're seriously lacking that kind of product in California at our local 7/11 stores.

Honestly RageMP limitation for now I believe, does not allow replacing the whole building. But I see why they made it a 24~7 store, in single-player & GTA:O it is a 24~7 store, more over plenty if not all Liquor stores in real life are selling other things beyond liquor (snacks, water, basic items) as another source of income just to add more to revenue of their store because relying on a single income of selling alcohol does not yield high enough profit.

On topic, even if my character does not hang there a lot, it always was a nice place to come sometimes to see people and activity.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
11 hours ago, Torlo said:

It's a really sad situation because my character Ethan Parker has met all of his closest friends through this very store. We had a lot of great RP going, we were helping the homeless, offering free food and drinks for them. New players would come over and get hired, or even come over just to get some connections for their character. Rob's 24/7 was also a big RP hub during the not so peak times when I was manning the store just before I went to sleep, there would easily be 5+ people hanging out inside and outside. As a matter of fact, just before I went to bed this morning we had a group of 4 of us rping inside, then overnight it was just changed into a liquor store.

While I totally understand that PM cannot eye every business for its rp everyday 24/7, we at least implore you to consider our case. It almost feels like we're being punished for creating a different and unique avenue for civilian role play rather than the typical bar, club repeat loop we're used to and frankly tired of. 

I'll miss receiving the unsolicited texts at 3am from him. F

Hello, 

Let me start by saying this. When the decision was made by Property Management to convert this to a liquor store, it was based solely on the exterior.

In hindsight, I have no problems with admitting that this clearly was a mistake from our end, and I apologize for that on behalf of the team.

Does it say "Rob's Liquor" on the front? Sure. But in this case, there is a clear history of this place being used as a 24/7 and this thread showcases the impact it has had on the local community, and it would be a shame for that to disappear just based on a technicality.

So, how do we move forward from here?

Personally, I am going to make sure that it is being reverted back to a 24/7 when it comes to the script, so that the roleplay can continue the way it has for quite some time now. This does however also mean that alcohol will not be sold on the premises for now, and that the conversion might happen in the future when this business is not actually being used by anyone anymore. 

TL;DR:  We jumped the gun on this one, we are sorry and we are changing it back.

• Upvote 13
  • Applaud 7