The end of the beloved Vespucci's corner store

There are tons of businesses where the exterior name isn't used and is something completely different. Half the juice bars are used as just bars!! 

So the exterior signage obviously doesn't matter on this server. He'll there are tons of custom interiors that don't even match their exterior. Cool beans in vespucci for example. Doesn't fit the look of the exterior or the vibe of vespucci and its a leased business. 

Which begs the question, why the change when it's obviously counter productive to roleplay being done! 

On a related note... You can sell liquor in a convience store in California...

Edited by TakeTwo
  • Upvote 1

I've always stopped by this store to pickup drinks and food, talk with the employees and all in all have great passive RP. Makes me sad that this RP was brought down for you! 

18 minutes ago, EastBoys said:

They should replace the actual entire store as 24/7. If it was scripted as a 24/7.

And I agree with this ^^

@EastBoys I'm not sure what that link proves other than 7-11 policy but the actual state regulations say beer, wine and liquor with no other stipulations. And I stated that simply to point out that it would be realistic to sell liquor in a convience store in Cali if one so chooses. 

Obviously California state law isn't strictly used on this server since you can't sell or serve alcohol in Cali between 2am and 6am.

Or drive on city beaches.. Or on the beach walk that runs along the edge of vespucci beach if you're staying true to gta 5 gameplay and the laws for Venice beach which vespucci is based on. 

Basically if it's not in the penal code then arguably it's not enforced in LS. 

Edited by TakeTwo

Doesn't matter that it looks like a liquor store or not, sure it might look weird that It doesn't sell scriptwise alcohol but I always had a bunch of alcohol items that I would sell to players if they asked for it. The same for cigarettes, this store holds a special place for me.  Having it in the dimension 0 makes it the reason I like it, I can actually see what happens outside, which I wouldn't be able to if it was an interior that you enter.

And in the end it doesn't matter what the exterior said, it's all about the RP. If we start picking on little details about everything on the server we wouldn't be able to stop. The role-play was great!

• Upvote 1

The place has been a 24/7 for over a year, that's the very reason we started to rp there. Not everything has to be scripted and match perfectly, imagination is a major part of rp. Not to mention this was easily one of, if not the most active 24/7 in the whole city. 

If the server wants to promote roleplay businesses, then I urge them to change this location back to a 24/7 ASAP. It was one of the few businesses (24/7, Liquor, Tobacco) that was guaranteed to be opened with a real person behind the counter nearly every day of the week. 

There is an insanely limited amount of civilian oriented places to go that are not revolved around the scene of alcohol. Even more so when my main character is constantly surrounded by the criminal world. This place has been sort of a... breach in reality for him. A place to come and shoot the shit, relax, and enjoy some quality roleplay situations with a constant flow of people. It always felt so realistic - having conversations with one another, only to have brief pauses when others would come inside. More often than not, it has been an experience for those who came. A chance, for all, to have many characters from varying backgrounds that you may not ever get the chance to meet otherwise.

If you were in a rush and needed items, that was fine! But those who gave the chance to allow the characters to interact always had an impactful meet (good or bad). Looking back at this store, I’ve found myself coming to this store even when others were closer. From an IC level, it was purely to see if any of these wonderful people were around, for Volk thrived on getting this type of social interaction. On an OOC level, it was because I genuinely enjoy the place - and wanted to give any new people the same vibes and quality that I have been given so many times.

5927EC2D-B0FA-4202-93F3-50C1823D6DD7.thumb.png.7e955cb12e832b4695c7694468b49f50.png

I like to think that everyone posting in this thread feels like they have put their own mark on this beautiful center for civilian roleplay. It breaks my heart to see it turn into a liquor store that will seldom be visited. I, for one, tend to stock up on any drinks in a one time purchase whenever something is open - if it even is.

• Upvote 4
32 minutes ago, Torlo said:

The place has been a 24/7 for over a year, that's the very reason we started to rp there. Not everything has to be scripted and match perfectly, imagination is a major part of rp. Not to mention this was easily one of, if not the most active 24/7 in the whole city. 

Could not agree more.