The end of the beloved Vespucci's corner store

It's with saddened eyes and a heavy heart that I'm writing this thread. Today was the demise of an era in the civilian role-play in Vespucci. The little corner store known as Rob's Liquor was sadly transformed without warning into an actual liquor store. A stranger outside of the situation would be like; "Yeah it makes sense". And to an extent I would agree. But Rob's Liquor was more than a 24/7 store, it was the centre of some character's role-play, it was a hub for creative role-play. Cops, civilians, gang members and factions often passed by for some quality and fun role-play. Sadly, it was taken from us.

The store was the home for many of us, not only is my role-play ruined and destroyed by this little action that was done without thinking, and I'm not trying to point fingers to anybody in PM. But I must say I'm extremely sad on how things were handled, and no it's not about money if anybody is wondering. The profits margins of running a 24/7 is very low. The reason that I leased the store was to be able to manage employees, profits aren't important to me or to anyone working inside the store. A liquor store simply doesn't attract the amounts of players that a 24/7 does. Today instead of seeing my usual 10-15 hourly customers in an hour, I ended up having ONE in over two hours. So for me that's it, there's no point for me to run a liquor store, not only does it make no sense for my character, a store simply doesn't change in less than a day from a corner store into a liquor store. The young kids and teenagers that would come inside are no longer even legally able to enter the store.  We were even helping the homeless by giving them expired food and free snacks, it was great. The amount of robberies were also very enjoyable. A lot of the robberies were casual and fun, and properly role-played (for the most part)

On an out of character level, this store has been scripted as a 24/7 for over a year now, and I leased it as a 24/7 not as a liquor store. The city already has over six liquor store and within 1 miles of this store there's 2 other liquor stores...  We didn't need more liquor stores inside the city, not only the ones currently scripted are struggling with role-play and money, they didn't need extra competition. Three Rob's Liquor were sadly transformed into a liquor store.  For me what started as a way to earn money ended up being my greatest and my best experience on the server. I never expected that something as simple as a 24/7 would end up opening doors with quality role-play opportunities. I made so many friends in character and out of character, I'm literally so sad that this role-play for me is now ruined..

I hope that I can get some support from the community regarding this situation.

I was even working to make an little intro like a sitcom for all of the employees, even that is now ruined ?

Edited by Mattkov
  • Upvote 12
  • Applaud 1

It's a really sad situation because my character Ethan Parker has met all of his closest friends through this very store. We had a lot of great RP going, we were helping the homeless, offering free food and drinks for them. New players would come over and get hired, or even come over just to get some connections for their character. Rob's 24/7 was also a big RP hub during the not so peak times when I was manning the store just before I went to sleep, there would easily be 5+ people hanging out inside and outside. As a matter of fact, just before I went to bed this morning we had a group of 4 of us rping inside, then overnight it was just changed into a liquor store.

While I totally understand that PM cannot eye every business for its rp everyday 24/7, we at least implore you to consider our case. It almost feels like we're being punished for creating a different and unique avenue for civilian role play rather than the typical bar, club repeat loop we're used to and frankly tired of. 

Edited by Torlo
  • Upvote 2

This makes me sad too. My Character Julie Merchant has been rping here for a while now. The employees there and customers became like family and even though the pay wasn't great it never mattered. The RP was great and gave my character a purpose. I founded some IC decisions around the store and now all of a sudden boom, it's gone. *Holds up her protest sign* MAKE ROBS LIQUOR GREAT AGAIN!

Edited by Kiwifruit

I share this sympathy.  My character has spent plenty of time at the store, even working himself up to a manager because of how much I enjoy staying around with all of the roleplay.  Now fewer people come by, and it kind of ruined the experience.

• Upvote 2

It's actually pretty sad to read this. My character has connected with so many new and even some old friends at the 24/7. It was a spot where you could always go by and have a chat with one of the many people that hang out in the area or right outside.

Make Robs Liquor great again!

They should replace the actual entire store as 24/7. If it was scripted as a 24/7. Then the interior should match a 24/7 store. It makes no sense for it to be a 24/7 store, yet the outside of the place reads "Rob Liqour", replace the entire store if you want to rp it as a 24/7 store.  Or role play it as a liquor store. Because that's what the interior matches the actual store. In real life if I walk into a Liqour store call "Frank's Liqour" and see chocolate candy bars, cigs and sodas, bag of chips, cookies etc, I'm going to be like what the actual fuck is this? In a liqour store, there's all different kinds of liqour. Sky, Everclear, Tequilla, Whiskey, etc, not nesquick milk. 

On this subject, since when do 24/7 stores or I should say Seven-Eleven stores sell duffle bags or baseball bats, I need to talk to the clerks in my area, we're seriously lacking that kind of product in California at our local 7/11 stores.

Edited by EastBoys