MAFIA Trilogy Definitive Editions

Mafia 2 will look like a child compared to this. I've always said that the story in the first game is better but people been choosing 2 over 1 because of the graphics. There are people out there that didn't even try the first one because it's "old". A game that back then was the game of the year, a game with cartoonish graphics that is better than anything nowadays the industry will ever release. Anyway, I can't wait for the gameplay clip. Hangar 13 finally have a chance to redeem themselves after mafia 3 failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Mafia III was horrendous, I never even completed it due to its awful mechanics and unreliability. It just performed really badly. I'm looking forward to playing Mafia I, though having looked at the Mafia II definitive edition reviews, it isn't looking very good...

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Mafia: Definitive Edition turns out as good as the original Mafia I. That game's story was great, and it didn't feel as short as Mafia II. Loved the driving, you could crash a car and break its suspension or the wheels would fall off. It was the first game to implement a fuel system, and the fact that cops could fine you astonished me back in the day. The original hasn't aged well though, it seriously needs quality of life improvements, the animations and firing system are too clunky. Loved the boat, prison and pizzeria missions. The one at the gas station, the race one and the one at the docks were kinda broken, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the story has always been the best part of Mafia 1 to me, the gameplay reveal sort of looks like they made it a bit easier. In my opinion, one of Mafia 1's biggest strenghts was the tension each level provided as enemies could kill you very easily if you weren't paying attention, along with the insane recoil some of the weapons had, notably the tommygun. It made completing each mission much more rewarding and satisfying.

Edited by Naitor

The missions are pretty easy in the original. I've seen people complaining about the race mission but that's like the easiest one along with the taxi missions. If you focus enough you can end every mission with 80% health.

I love what they made with the remake. Characters show more emotion, you can actually see friendship developing between Paulie and Tommy. I wish the gameplay shown the humor between them when Paulie made fun of Tommy about Sarah. ?

1 minute ago, Invictus said:

The missions are pretty easy in the original. I've seen people complaining about the race mission but that's like the easiest one

It has been fixed after 2K released a patch that decreased race mission difficulty. In the original game it was nowhere close to be easy.

• Wuhtah locked this topic