Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

Here's my opinion 

Most truckers work for a trucking company, realistically being a trucker is a selective job and there is proper screening by trucking companies before they hire a trucker. I think owners of trucking companies should have some consequence if their employees consistently receive citations or traffic offenses. This way trucking companies properly screen a person before they get hired and they enforce driving properly or the company as a whole recives some kind of IC consequence. 

I also don't think speed cameras is a viable solution, I've been on a rp server before that had speed cameras and people would just rack up speeding tickets without a care in the world to actually pay them. It became almost like a contest to see who could get the most speeding tickets. 

Edited by Foster
8 hours ago, GHawkins said:

Promoting the use of /sp (or having /sp standard on vehicles and making someone have to do /sp off to get rid of it) might be an idea that would squash some speeding?

I like this a lot. It shifts speeding from being something easily accomplished to something players have to deliberately act to do. Really trims down the excuses available for those that do it, and simultaneously keeps it from happening accidentally for those who do have every intention to maintain the speed limit.

Just as a side note since lockdown there is no cars on the road here hardly, you should see how people speed now. Easily 70mph in 30 zones since there is no traffic IRL

Now back to the game enforcing speed limits is silly. There is hardly any traffic anyway

Edited by Late
4 minutes ago, Late said:

Just as a side note since lockdown there is no cars on the road here hardly, you should see how people speed now. Easily 70mph in 30 zones since there is no traffic IRL

Now back to the game enforcing speed limits is silly. There is hardly any traffic anyway

I mean, even with the empty roads, my city has seen four deaths as a result of stunt racing. The roads are always 'empty' until they are very suddenly not. Three of those deaths are from one incident, but nonetheless. I feel this thread is very much more concerned with players driving in absurd ways rather than characters who do so, and when in the realm of OoC, you need OoC buffers, reprimands, and solutions, instead of more rigorous IC options.

I really can't stress enough that some players have no issue or care in regards to losing their cars or money or even characters for what is ostensibly stunt driving, because that mostly only affects the character itself. You have to address the player in question.

Edited by Exploits

Usually, I stop at every single intersection and look both ways because I don't want some NOOB slamming into the side of my car, it's pretty tedious and it'd be nice if people would take the rules of the road a little more seriously.

1 hour ago, UTOPIA said:

Usually, I stop at every single intersection and look both ways because I don't want some NOOB slamming into the side of my car, it's pretty tedious and it'd be nice if people would take the rules of the road a little more seriously.

That way we'd actually see more traffic.

2 hours ago, UTOPIA said:

Don't be surprised if you get rear ended by Rafi who would be most surprised at your decision to stop abruptly at the intersection!

• Upvote 1
On 5/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, Selena said:

It's certainly something the admin team is trying to crack down on - I myself have spent countless hours spectating and trying to enforce realistic driving into the server especially when it comes to the trucking job, which I do believe is one of the main sources for this non-rp driving.

There are only so many admins to handle the driving and the incoming reports along with helping testers with tickets. All I can say is that we do recognise this is an issue and we are trying to work towards it.

cute selena

Been here for a while. It's always been this way. Only now, the change is that, there's more players hence more traffic, hence more stupid IC accidents caused by racers driving 115 miles in their Sultan Classic. Most of those are skipped anyway because it's claimed to be "lag". The only way I see around is that administrators spectate players who drive in an unrealistic manner but other than that, NPC's is a very-very bad idea. Speed cameras are great, I hope they're taken into consideration.

Let's just say the physics of this game are bullshit as well cars don't behave like real cars at all these cars aren't heavy like real cars, you can ramp off the tiny bump on the road easily because your car is virtually weightless, your always asked to roleplay crashes and as long as those are done then I see it as an IC issue, if you hit a person going 110mph your car would be in bits and you should have to suffer the crash and impact that would have along with any jail sentence you might have, take away players licenses and force them to always drive without a license and suffer being jailed for driving without papers for repeat offenders, If they failed to roleplay hitting a person then they should be reported too. 

Also the car dysnc and general lag is very bad, I seen a cop car drive down the road, hit a parked car at the side of the street, get out and try and ticket the car. He said on his screen the car was in the middle of the street, all the people standing right outside the store seen the cop hit the parked car and move across into the middle of the street. Everything on the server is an IC issue and I see police use this way too often because of the convenience of it, I had my friend who lag slammed a cop convoy and he said that obviously he sped past them but never hit them, was forced to roleplay the pursuit then as an IC issue (he got away because he drives well but had he been caught it would of been IC ). If we had 1000/1000 players wed be forced to drive rply due to actual traffic. I wouldn't be against Car AI if it allows the good drivers, to continue speeding if done in realistic fashon and to roleplay. This would actually ruin street racing roleplay because it would be an ooc barrier for those who do roleplay everything properly.

Edited by Hamilton
  • Selena locked this topic