Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

21 minutes ago, Notbond said:

Surprised how many people are for speed cameras! How many of you guys actually keep to the penal code speed limit? If I'm honest I find myself drifting over it quite a bit. 

I won't lie, I speed and probably go over eighty or ninety from time to time. However, I very frequently stop or at least slow down at stoplights and intersections out of fear of getting pulled over. I think a even bigger issue after reading through some of the other reply's and reports is that these players are reaching such high speeds on some of these straight away that their PC's literally aren't loading in objects or players in time to see them. If these players actually checked intersections or slowed down a bit? They'd be able to see objects and players before they crash. 

Something has to be done to incentives them to do so. If they are rarely getting tickets or other IC punishments and can just /vpark or pay a small fee to get rid of any damage. What's going to get them to slow down ever? The problem will just continue to get worse, especially considering the possible influx of players with GTA 5 going up for free on the Epic's games store.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Late said:

Am the only one that thinks you're all exaggerating the issue? To my surprise I actually see most people drive somewhat carefully through populated areas. 

Nah ive been ran over too in lil seoul

1 hour ago, Notbond said:

Surprised how many people are for speed cameras! How many of you guys actually keep to the penal code speed limit? If I'm honest I find myself drifting over it quite a bit. 

I follow the penal code limits pretty much everywhere. Out on the county roads I usually cruise control 75 and people fly around me as if I were not even moving lol. You should see people’s surprise when I drive a taxi and follow the penal code speed limits, they are always surprised lol.

Honestly I think it would be fair to set speed cameras for excessive/reckless speeding. 20 or 30 and over. If it’s under that, let it be handled by the PD. That way you don’t get cameras ticketing you for going 61 in a 60 zone lol.

Edited by Chief

Because of the nature of the medium (GTA) and because people are impatient with wanting to get from point A to point B, they are prone to driving like idiots.

Also doesn't help that when they get caught they usually just either ignore people trying to engage in RP with them to enforce consequences from their recklessness or they just claim that it was "desync" which has delegitimized actually claims of desync since people on this server just use it as a get out of jail free card (that rarely works anyways).

10 hours ago, DjoleK said:

I and some people I roleplay with usually go around 40-55 if I'm being honest, but at part that is just my character. I'd also often warn people driving me not to speed, no point in dying in a car crash.

I can confirm this, you do nag an aweful lot. But that is because you're a sensitive flower ?

I don't usually make a full stop at intersection. I slow down when I'm close to an intersection, have a quick check if anybody is around then I keep driving. If I notice somebody approaching the intersection, I complet a full stop. If he was first in the intersection, I let him go first. I agree with your post, somehow, but the problem here it's common, most likely, for the new comers. If you see truckers on the streets with rental vans, or maybe they are hired at a trucking business, but they drive smalls cars, such as Speedo or Burrito, they might be the reason of 80% of the speeding, reckless driving, Non-RP driving or however you wanna call it. Of corse, it depends on the situation. I agree with the speed, as long as you RP it properly. I mean, if you just speed around, 110 mph as you said, full of crates, take a quick left turn and nothing happens, you just maybe went on the wrong line a little bit and keep driving, that's classed as Non-RP driving, atleast for me. If you normal speed on a highway, or maybe on a boulevard at the periphery of the town, I don't mind it. IC matter, cops will do their jobs and end of story. How you can prevent that, in my opinion? Improve something in the law aswell, besides the server rules. Like, when you cut a corner without stopping and speeding, you just take his driving license for couple of days. You do that to couple of people, they ll start to behave.

11 hours ago, Notbond said:

In real life, I usually go over the limit as well, conditions allowing for it. Exception being residential neighbourhoods, if the posted speed is 50 km/h I usually do 55. On the highway they recently changed it so 100 km/h is the limit during the day but I usually still do 110 or 120 (partially because I still don't agree with the change but that's fine).

In game, I actually use the speed limiter as my character would only go slightly over the speed limit when conditions allow, if at all. Discovering /sp was a thing really made it easier to not speed recklessly and not having to constantly tap W which was a nuisance.

Promoting the use of /sp (or having /sp standard on vehicles and making someone have to do /sp off to get rid of it) might be an idea that would squash some speeding? But otherwise, speed cameras might also help because then people feel it in their virtual wallets.

• Selena locked this topic