Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

As annoying as non-rp driving is, it's an IC issue. It's hardly a thing you can rightly prison for oocly as that's a very gray line that many people share differing opinions on, much like non-rp fear. There's the obvious jumping curbs and ramps and driving like a GTA:O dumbass in a carbonizarre but some car nut blaring down the road in some import car while sticking to the road and braking on turns to keep it strictly on the road isn't so black and white, I've seen people call realistic speeding non-rp so many times just as a way to discredit someone cause they RP around cars and there's such a stigma around it. I personally don't really see a fix for it. GTA RPers tend not to give a fuck about realism in their cars, there's a small minority that actually drive realistically in every scene while others are just like "fuck realism haha its just a car I'll drive as fast as I can to my next spot where the RP is at." Admins can't simply click their fingers and change the mindset of the people that do that shit. It's up to the police to get good at driving and the admins to give them faster, better handling cars so that they can actually catch these people doing it and punish them ICly. I remember in LSRP I used to legit be scared of speeding because of how good the police used to be in pursuits (idk if they still are but they used to be in my experience).

One thing that seems to always be a thing I notice in these convos and just in gameplay in general, everyone immediately attacks the 'racer rpers' or jumps to bringing them up, but I genuinely see more people non-rp driving outside of the car scene than in it, and I feel like a lot of people don't acknowledge that. It's a huge, annoying ass issue and it seems most people on the server literally don't give two shits about driving realistically. They'll jump to shittalk me because I drive an Elegy on my character Keiko, yet they're running around in SUVs plowing through the roads as fast as their car can go while I'm rarely driving over 70. It's the weirdest logic I've ever seen.

tl;dr this is kinda something you can't really control, report the people that are driving like idiots all up and down sidewalks and dividers, they're the obvious ones that can be punished, but speeding around is infact just an IC issue. The only real way to stop it is telling people they're not allowed to speed, which makes no sense and people are still gonna do it. Get cops that are better drivers, and give them cars that they can actually use to catch the idiots driving like that cause the ones they have aren't really comparable. Any decent driver in even a Sultan can yeet on them if they wanna.

• Applaud 1

It's certainly something the admin team is trying to crack down on - I myself have spent countless hours spectating and trying to enforce realistic driving into the server especially when it comes to the trucking job, which I do believe is one of the main sources for this non-rp driving.

There are only so many admins to handle the driving and the incoming reports along with helping testers with tickets. All I can say is that we do recognise this is an issue and we are trying to work towards it.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Selena said:

It's certainly something the admin team is trying to crack down on - I myself have spent countless hours spectating and trying to enforce realistic driving into the server especially when it comes to the trucking job, which I do believe is one of the main sources for this non-rp driving.

There are only so many admins to handle the driving and the incoming reports along with helping testers with tickets. All I can say is that we do recognise this is an issue and we are trying to work towards it.

Great! - Many thanks for that and everything else you do for the community! ?

The police can only do so much. If they run, they usually don’t care to roleplay their crashes.

I honestly thing one of the main issues is the drive for more and more sports cars being added to the game, cars going faster and faster...

If all cars had 20mph chopped off their top speeds and accelerations toned down, we’d cut the issue nicely.

Just now, SpartanofSparta said:

The police can only do so much. If they run, they usually don’t care to roleplay their crashes.

I honestly thing one of the main issues is the drive for more and more sports cars being added to the game, cars going faster and faster...

If all cars had 20mph chopped off their top speeds and accelerations toned down, we’d cut the issue nicely.

Wouldn't make a difference. People would still be doing 100MPH.

19 minutes ago, SpartanofSparta said:

Well without making car maintenance a thing and just adding repairs and syncing car damage...

Go speed cameras!

Car maintenance is a thing. You have to pay a few grand every like 1000 or 1500 miles or your car breaks down randomly, and it gets worse and worse the more you don't pay it.

Just now, SpartanofSparta said:

Yeah, but I meant more to do with crashing your car and so forth.

That's there too, but it doesn't save, people just /vpark or /changechar the damage away. Could do with something more in-depth though so I agree with you. Desync's still an issue but on most days it's not as bad as it once was, so maybe damage saving through that or not saving through that but happening in your stats i.e engine, drivetrain yada yada being damaged from hits and needing replacement etc. Could be interesting.

• Selena locked this topic