Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

Different circles then I guess. From what I've been told it worked. Not saying it worked amazingly, but it helped. 

Plenty of legal ways you can go about it too. 

Superspeeder clause, License revocation instead of suspension, asset seizure, list goes on. It's up to the state/courts to ramp up repercussions. 

Don't get me wrong, penal code's very thorough and kuddo's to my man brett for staying ontop of it, but I've always found the sections related to traffic be vague, or lackluster in terms of sanctions that can be imposed. Again, might just be me.

Edited by Kenshi Haroku

Speeding and nonrp driving being an issue is no surprise.... You guys all vote to get stupid fast cars added... Next poll? Why don't we vote in some slow cars.. Merit, Vincent, Feroci… Some slow low/mid tier cars. Keep the sports cars to a minimum! Add some cars that have a top speed that's fast but not excessive.

13 hours ago, Marshall said:

LSRP had some speeding cameras but it didn't last long, wonder why.

Yeah, they worked for like a month. You got a speeding ticket that was never visible for LSPD, meaning you had an outstanding ticket with no reason to pay it.

At the end of the day though, I assume this is an issue that only admins can handle properly. There's a line in the sand when it comes to driving "fast and irrational" and "non-rp" driving. Non-rp driving is when you drive 130 mph through the city without braking once, driving on curbs, skidding around EVERY corner and so on. There should be a proper punishment for that OOC.

When a person drives realistically but fast and irrational (happens that I drive too fast when I'm stressed IRL, making stupid turns etc) the LSPD should be there to punish the person.

Does anyone know if the traffic lights are synced?

Edited by Qube

This, all of this, is making me tired. We have an application system to sift out the so called "not fitting" users, but still there are people on the server who need to have it explained like they're five year olds. No script, be it speed cameras or NPC traffic is gonna stop people from driving like complete maniacs. NONE. The only way to stop this is to teach people that roleplay should be realistic and therefore you, technically, should be speeding, that's normal - nobody goes under the limit, if it's fifty, then you're going fifty five to sixty and occasionally catch a fine. But out of fear for your own god damn life, having your wallet hurt by a hefty fine or even spending time in jail for reckless driving charges - stop doing whatever you're doing and think about everyone else in this community, not just yourself. I'm addressing everyone who does this - stop - get some help. Y'all are not only ruining my immersion but also causing unnecessary trouble that would otherwise not even happen. Just ask yourselves if your character can do it, should your character do it? Because that's not always the case. Some kid fresh out the driving school is gonna drive like a dick because he doesn't know any better, but he's gonna be scared and constantly keep looking at his speedo to make sure he's not speeding. Some older dude who doesn't give a damn is also gonna drive like a dick, though he might be purposefully speeding through school zones and what not, I said SPEEDING, not Recklessly Driving at 140MPH in his Elegy Retro. Some casual dude named Joe who's 22 and a mechanic should not speed like a maniac just because he's got the mechanic job and he suddenly became a big car enthusiast.

I'm not firing shots at anyone, these are just examples, but for the love of Jesus, just stop. This is just a game, you don't need to rush, you don't need to win, you don't need to bitch. Just have fun while roleplaying as realistically as you can. Remember to remind yourselves you're on a HEAVY RP server and it's expected of you to drive accordingly to your character's reasoning. With that said, no one, I mean, literally no one speeds at 140MPH in real life IN THE CITY unless they're running from the cops or driving under influence.

1 minute ago, hentai! said:

This, all of this, is making me tired. We have an application system to sift out the so called "not fitting" users, but still there are people on the server who need to have it explained like they're five year olds. No script, be it speed cameras or NPC traffic is gonna stop people from driving like complete maniacs. NONE. The only way to stop this is to teach people that roleplay should be realistic and therefore you, technically, should be speeding, that's normal - nobody goes under the limit, if it's fifty, then you're going fifty five to sixty and occasionally catch a fine. But out of fear for your own god damn life, having your wallet hurt by a hefty fine or even spending time in jail for reckless driving charges - stop doing whatever you're doing and think about everyone else in this community, not just yourself. I'm addressing everyone who does this - stop - get some help. Y'all are not only ruining my immersion but also causing unnecessary trouble that would otherwise not even happen. Just ask yourselves if your character can do it, should your character do it? Because that's not always the case. Some kid fresh out the driving school is gonna drive like a dick because he doesn't know any better, but he's gonna be scared and constantly keep looking at his speedo to make sure he's not speeding. Some older dude who doesn't give a damn is also gonna drive like a dick, though he might be purposefully speeding through school zones and what not, I said SPEEDING, not Recklessly Driving at 140MPH in his Elegy Retro. Some casual dude named Joe who's 22 and a mechanic should not speed like a maniac just because he's got the mechanic job and he suddenly became a big car enthusiast.

I'm not firing shots at anyone, these are just examples, but for the love of Jesus, just stop. This is just a game, you don't need to rush, you don't need to win, you don't need to bitch. Just have fun while roleplaying as realistically as you can. Remember to remind yourselves you're on a HEAVY RP server and it's expected of you to drive accordingly to your character's reasoning. With that said, no one, I mean, literally no one speeds at 140MPH in real life IN THE CITY unless they're running from the cops or driving under influence.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. From time to time I bump into players that makes me ask myself: "How in the world did this guy get accepted on his application to this server?" - I see people not using /me correctly, I see people not using capitals, dots, etc-etc in their local chats. Perhaps you're right. Perhaps the players that drive 140 MPH with their Elegy Retro through the city are the ones that should have been denied access to the server from the get-go. Perhaps there should be an even tougher application? Perhaps there should be some kind of tutorial video that you're obligated to look through before getting accepted to the server? The tutorial video explains everything from how to use /me, local chat, /b, driving cars, roleplaying correctly, etc-etc. A tutorial video that puts demands on the new comers to the server?

5 minutes ago, Qube said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you. From time to time I bump into players that makes me ask myself: "How in the world did this guy get accepted on his application to this server?" - I see people not using /me correctly, I see people not using capitals, dots, etc-etc in their local chats. Perhaps you're right. Perhaps the players that drive 140 MPH with their Elegy Retro through the city are the ones that should have been denied access to the server from the get-go. Perhaps there should be an even tougher application? Perhaps there should be some kind of tutorial video that you're obligated to look through before getting accepted to the server? The tutorial video explains everything from how to use /me, local chat, /b, driving cars, roleplaying correctly, etc-etc. A tutorial video that puts demands on the new comers to the server? 

Quantity > Quality, no matter what admins say, I ain't scared to bring this up because it's part of the issue described by OP. I'm also definitely not for banning anyone right away. ALL PLAYERS have the right to come here, learn how to behave and properly roleplay and be part of the community. ALL OF THEM. But when you let new people in as an admin - it's kinda like letting your kids into a house that I and other players also live in. Please, make sure they behave or we're gonna have beef. If they don't behave, they grow up and become entitled jerks who drive like maniacs at 140MPH in a 45 zone.

Also, I don't think we need a tutorial, but we just really need people to put on the proper mindset. As I said (to players) - TEACH people, make sure they know what mistakes they do. But when someone is a straight up braindead idiot who refuses to learn, refuses to behave and to in this case drive normally, just report them and make sure an admin resolves this. No rulebook, no tutorial, no script limit is gonna teach these people if they've got the wrong idea about this. Also, a tutorial like this in text form is available in Guides.

Also, since we're still on the topic of (shitty) driving - remember that even though YOU can drive perfectly fine at those high speeds, it does NOT mean YOUR CHARACTER CAN OR SHOULD drive like a maniac. Seriously, remember that. Driving at high speeds most importantly requires skill. but also the right mentality and strong nerves.

Just now, Late said:

Am the only one that thinks you're all exaggerating the issue? To my surprise I actually see most people drive somewhat carefully through populated areas. 

Yeah lol. I've never been in a traffic accident in 6 months.

• Selena locked this topic