Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

20 minutes ago, Qube said:

Always been an issue on RP servers and barely any action's been taken towards the matter. I agree, it's so annoying every time I try to be responsible and drive like I do in real life and someone comes past you in 130 MPH in the wrong lane.

LSRP had this issue when I played there for 10 years. The only server I witnessed that had scripted something against it was Red Country Roleplay, they had speedbumps, speeding cameras and further more. Really impressive!

LSRP had some speeding cameras but it didn't last long, wonder why.

18 minutes ago, Marshall said:

LSRP had some speeding cameras but it didn't last long, wonder why.

Poor implementation. They dinged you for the full cost of a speeding ticket if you were doing even 1 mph over the limit, and there wasn't a reliable speedometer to tell you how fast you were even going as a driver -- it updated every second or so. So just tapping W to get through an intersection could get you fined without your realizing that you'd gone over.

Edited by Exploits
6 minutes ago, Exploits said:

Poor implementation. They dinged you for the full cost of a speeding ticket if you were doing even 1 mph over the limit, and there wasn't a reliable speedometer to tell you how fast you were even going as a driver -- it updated every second or so. So just tapping W to get through an intersection could get you fined without your realizing that you'd gone over.

Oh yeah now I remember how bugged it was lmao. It could clock you at 1000mph.

Edited by Marshall

I agree with the speed camera suggestion,l. I've played many a server on SAMP with speed cameras implemented into the script and also mobile speed guns that the PD can carry in their cruisers with them, the tickets get issued alot like normal citations but they are added automatically, as if they've been delivered through the mail. If the officer feels it necessary they can obviously then pursue and stop the culprit.

I've not got a massive knowledge of scripting, but if it can be done on a SAMP server can it not be done here? It would only stop speeding in certain areas, but it would stop it none the less.

• Applaud 1

i can drive like an asshole at 60 mp/h, just saying. not to mention that, as in rl, people will get familiar with the locations of speed cameras and hold off on the gas for that short stretch, only to gun it right after - only difference being, that traffic slows down speeders irl, whereas on GTA W (or rather GTA V's huge map) there is no traffic to speak of even at peaks of 600 players, which is precisely why people race everywhere. so while i appreciate the determination behind wanting to get people to drive more realistically, i doubt implementing speed cameras will be worth the time & effort. 

Edited by Five-oh

This has been rampant lately down the beach. In what world could a sports car drive on the sand and not get stuck? SUVs and 4x4's I totally get and support but people are speeding 100mph up the beach, doing burn-outs and taking jumps which just makes me sit there and go "wut".

I desperately try to drive everywhere with /sp 55, as I feel that's a good speed to go about. What I've noticed is, if you're sticking to the limits - then people are gunna swerve past you and take over at every opportunity. It's really disheartening trying to go about your day like a regular civilian when the majority get behind a wheel and turn into Vin Diesal. 

• Applaud 1

I kinda have to agree. Nonetheless some people have different connection sync, but also the traffic light are also not synced. So thats why trafiic laws are a bit less punishing due to reasons beyond even the devs and servers control, but I do agree. Alot of people dont seem to drive properly and treat it like its GTAO driving wise, while their RP is up to par somehow. But it's 50/50 depending who you play with and who actually follows the laws on the smaller public roads. But regarding to the green, I can agree that is you wanna go say 80 or 90, alright, since the highways in the city/entering the city arent heavily active in that regard, but keep in mind this isnt the autobahn. 

I can agree, this in an out-of-character issue. 

Like many of you before, I see two solutions: NPCs or traffic cameras. The new Rage update enables slight NPC traffic but it creates many-many questions and I believe this is not the way we should go. On the other hand, traffic cameras would be a quite good idea. As far as I know, major American cities have cameras almost everywhere and the camera not just detects your fails but also sends you the ticket automatically for speeding, red-light violations, et cetera. There is a quite good YouTube channel around this, good videos for eating. 

Long story short: speed cameras. I believe its essential to not make the system too harsh, enable a bit speeding but people who drive 65+ miles an hour inside the city should be punished automatically. 

• Selena locked this topic