Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

That is because admins are to loose on that and damaging vehicle is literally has no significant effect, considering the fact that you can literally respawn the vehicle and it's fixed, plus vehicle repair price should be much much much much higher imho, which would discourage non-rp behavior

6 minutes ago, Lukaa said:

That is because admins are to loose on that and damaging vehicle is literally has no significant effect, considering the fact that you can literally respawn the vehicle and it's fixed, plus vehicle repair price should be much much much much higher imho, which would discourage non-rp behavior

Yessir. Respawning shouldn't repair the car. And greedy mechanics won't complain either cause repair is a scripted merchandise.

Plus I am not sure it wasn't a bug or something, but I once got smoking engine in the middle of the road and car refused to start up anymore. I sooo loved that rp.

Edited by Engelbert
9 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Yessir. Respawning shouldn't repair the car. And greedy mechanics won't complain either cause repair is a scripted merchandise.

Plus I am not sure it wasn't a bug or something, but I once got smoking engine in the middle of the road and car refused to start up anymore. I sooo loved that rp.

This is because of RAGEMP 0.3.7 limitations / sync issues mate.

Edited by xime
7 hours ago, Engelbert said:

That's honestly another stupid thing people like to do, evading when they get pulled over, afraid of cops searching their car. You know that, they can't and usually even don't do that without having solid suspicion and even if, they still need a warrant, unless it's an ongoing crime happening. So even if you get pulled over for speeding, unless you smoked it in the car and there's scent left inside, they have no reason to frisk you or anything. So it's only you yourself creating yet another crime scene by evading. And honestly first thing a proper gangster does, is to read the law, so they know what they can afford and when and where.

That's a joke right? My brother was asked to get out of the vehicle when he got pulled over for speeding and they search his car here in the US, because the car smelled like weed. It was a state trooper, those guys don't play. ICly I was rolling a blunt with an eighth on my lap and the cop saw it, of course, he can search the damn car LOL without a warrant.

I believe speeding is an IC problem and should be treated as such. You can have PD have check points or Radar cars in the streets where you mentioned the speeding happens. The script has a speed gun and they can RPly see if someone is speeding and chase them/fine them.

Your problem should be addressed IC and get PD to monitor more closely, OOC involvement in this is not needed in my humble opinion.

8 minutes ago, JoeWarner said:

I believe speeding is an IC problem and should be treated as such. You can have PD have check points or Radar cars in the streets where you mentioned the speeding happens. The script has a speed gun and they can RPly see if someone is speeding and chase them/fine them.

Your problem should be addressed IC and get PD to monitor more closely, OOC involvement in this is not needed in my humble opinion.

It kind of is ooc problem when people speeding end up a in carcrash that literally kills them but they say void, not on my screen or simply outright log out to escape the cops. Speeding is treated IC up to the point above. Also lights are synced and tested so they work, if I have green and the guy to my left doesn't why is he moving too, to ram me or something? That's kinda ooc problem, not ic, everyone seems to be in a hurry, always in a hurry. To that point, they never yield to lights or a stop sign. And that's not really ic behaviour.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

It kind of is ooc problem when people speeding end up a in carcrash that literally kills them but they say void, not on my screen or simply outright log out to escape the cops. Speeding is treated IC up to the point above. Also lights are synced and tested so they work, if I have green and the guy to my left doesn't why is he moving too, to ram me or something? That's kinda ooc problem, not ic, everyone seems to be in a hurry, always in a hurry. To that point, they never yield to lights or a stop sign. And that's not really ic behaviour.

Voiding is a mutual thing, meaning if someone crashes your car and asks in /b to void you can refuse and if he just drives off that is power gaming and reporting him will get him punished.

So again speeding is an IC problem, people not RPing a car crash or PG skipping it is an OOC thing that you can simply report them for and trust me if they get punished for it once they won't do it again.

15 minutes ago, JoeWarner said:

Voiding is a mutual thing, meaning if someone crashes your car and asks in /b to void you can refuse and if he just drives off that is power gaming and reporting him will get him punished. 

So again speeding is an IC problem, people not RPing a car crash or PG skipping it is an OOC thing that you can simply report them for and trust me if they get punished for it once they won't do it again.

It would be an IC issue if not everyone did it.

Honestly, it's been this way for as long as I can remember. The only viable solutions are speed cameras at major intersections or NPCs on the roads. Out of those two, speed cameras are probably the best option.

NPCs have a lot of pros and cons and NPCs aren't great for roleplay. I.e. you smash into an npc and then it just drives off, should you sit there and rp it yourself? 

My personal opinion, as a member of PD, I' tired of our scenes being plowed through because of people driving 120 through the city. It's not an IC issue at that point, it's just unrealistic. As well in terms of vehicle pursuits, I don't find it super enjoyable to drive like it's an F1 Grand Prix. That's something that can only be fixed with NPCs though which aren't an amazing idea in my opinion.

• Selena locked this topic