Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

During snow season admins instituted OOC restriction on how fast one could drive. I don't see why we can't have admin enforced speed limit of around 80-100mph in city, further making it a forced CK if someone crashes his car while driving like a maniac, doing 100+mph in the city.

PS. As Henning pointed out in his original post, we also had issues with players speeding by curbs in Little Seoul, placing items on ground that would send their cars flying fixed the issue. I even tried (back then) to ask Pascal if it was possible to have speed bumps installed on the roads in form of outside furniture, but around that time furniture was not allowed to be outside.

Edited by DjoleK
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Oh they are at it fosho, yesterday I even seen a ban for non-rp driving.

That's good. My character does speed but does slow down at intersections. Even had a few crashes where I role-played a proper crash, most were not speed more like someone ramming my car out of the road. More over I've seen an incident where a cop tried to make a U turn (without sirens) after he let someone go who he pulled over. While doing a U-Turn his car was T-Boned by another, the cop wanted to VOID / SKIP crash, go out of the car like nothing happened to the car, nor nothing.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

That's good. My character does speed but does slow down at intersections. Even had a few crashes where I role-played a proper crash, most were not speed more like someone ramming my car out of the road.

I usually pull to a full stop on lights. Which is something I don't see often. I have green, the guy from my left has red and still he moves when I do lol.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

I usually pull to a full stop on lights.

Forgot to mention I've seen an incident where a COP tried to make a U turn (without sirens, in a 4 lane road, 2 each direction) after he let someone go who he pulled over. While doing a U-Turn his car was T-Boned by another(guy was not speeding!), the cop wanted to VOID / SKIP crash, got out of the car like nothing happened to the car, nor nothing, no injury no blunt trauma nothing.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

/speedlimiter is a good way to assure you don't drive at excessive speeds and saves you the hassle of holding w then releasing then holding and so forth.

The driving habits of some players lowers the standards for the server as a whole, it is true. I understand some accidents happen due to ooc reasons ect but theres no justifying hitting someone at 110mph. You're not ALL desynced you have a better ping level then me!!! lol.

It still can be a desync or something, the faster you go, the slower your computer renders the surroundings around you. Just like there is an accident before you on the road and yet you ram into the PD cruiser cause it just spawns right in front you, BUT the fact that it happens means you are going top fast. Which means way over city speed limit. Also the higher the speed the less stable your car gets and a simple bump on the road can kill you.

Edited by Engelbert

It still can be a desync or something, the faster you go, the slower your computer renders the surroundings around you. Just like there is an accident before you on the road and yet you ram into the PD cruiser cause it just spawns right in front you, BUT the fact that it happens means you are going top fast. Which means way over city speed limit.

That's why RageMP needs to get that 1.1 update ready, cause according to Nervous and others the Sync there is way better, and if Sync is good, because as you just said, having Desync + slower loading it has 2 factors for a mistaken crash, while if Sync is good, then it's only the slower loading. With all honesty when I had my old PC (i7 950 3.07Ghz, 12 GB RAM, GTX 960 4GB) you could clearly see the difference from loading GTAV off HDD and SSD, and as it stands today SSD's are not as costly as they used to be, so if a person can save (I mentioned that in case a person can, not all can sadly ?) up for an SSD upgrade he or she should. Since it has the potential improving their experience. Also someone who does not have the proper hardware to keep solid frame rates (at minimum 60) should avoid from installing visual mods (Redux etc) to not put more stress on their computer.

2 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

That's why RageMP needs to get that 1.1 update ready, cause according to Nervous and others the Sync there is way better, and if Sync is good, because as you just said, having Desync + slower loading it has 2 factors for a mistaken crash, while if Sync is good, then it's only the slower loading. With all honesty when I had my old PC (i7 950 3.07Ghz, 12 GB RAM, GTX 960 4GB) you could clearly see the difference from loading GTAV off HDD and SSD, and as it stands today SSD's are not as costly as they used to be, so if a person can save (I mentioned that in case a person can, not all can sadly ?) up for an SSD upgrade he or she should. Since it has the potential improving their experience. Also someone who does not have the proper hardware to keep solid frame rates (at minimum 60) should avoid from installing visual mods (Redux etc) to not put more stress on their computer.

It can happen also on SSD, I have an SSD and sometimes it happens. Also I don't use any mods.

Edited by Engelbert

It can happen also on SSD, I have an SSD and sometimes it happens. Also I don't use any mods.

I agree, but SSD vs HDD, the amount of times it can happen, is lower on SSD, I don't say it can not happen, it just reduces the amount of times it can. Plus in case of a crash loading fresh from SSD is faster than HDD too.

The roads where OP shows on the map are really accurate, from my experience though, I dodge people going 90+MPH at almost everywhere within the city, completely ignoring the lights, while I'm constantly checking my left&right and my back to make sure I don't get hit by someone who wanted to speed and test out his new car because why not, the roads are empty amirite? This needs to be addressed imho. At least, get them to come to a halt at intersections or something, you have a higher chance to die while crossing the street than walking in an active gang shootout.

• Selena locked this topic