Having 2 GTAV installation, a clean one and a modded one.

Tudor

Hello there! I'd like to know if it's possible to have a clean GTA V installation, for when I play GTAV online, and a modded GTAV installation, for when I play RAGEMP, so I can use all sorts of mods that don't replace the dlc.rpf in the RAGEMP folder.

Or an alternative so I can use the mods in the same GTA V folder that I'm playing Online too.

On 5/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, Tudor said:

Hello there! I'd like to know if it's possible to have a clean GTA V installation, for when I play GTAV online, and a modded GTAV installation, for when I play RAGEMP, so I can use all sorts of mods that don't replace the dlc.rpf in the RAGEMP folder.

Or an alternative so I can use the mods in the same GTA V folder that I'm playing Online too.

Yup, I have ~4 different directories for GTAV, one clean, and several modified. Shouldn’t be a issue. All you gotta do is rename the folder to “Grand Theft Auto V Clean” or something. Then rename it back when you want to use it. 

It can be way easier. Just put all your in a mods folder with openIV and if you want to play on ragemp you only have to remove the script hook and asi loader.

When you want to play on your nodded gta 5 again all you need to do is place those two files back. Saves you hundreds of additional space required.

Just now, dionkoffie said:

It can be way easier. Just put all your in a mods folder with openIV and if you want to play on ragemp you only have to remove the script hook and asi loader.

When you want to play on your nodded gta 5 again all you need to do is place those two files back. Saves you hundreds of additional space required.

The mods folder doesn’t work on RageMP. He’s trying to use mods for Rage but not vanilla GTAV. 

On 5/15/2020 at 11:27 AM, Tennplugg said:

Yup, I have ~4 different directories for GTAV, one clean, and several modified. Shouldn’t be a issue. All you gotta do is rename the folder to “Grand Theft Auto V Clean” or something. Then rename it back when you want to use it. 

How though? Do I just copy paste the GTA folder somewhere else, because I tried this and the game says to launch it through the launcher.

I just had an idea now to install the game through Epic Games, make a total another account there, and get it specifically for RAGEMP, but I'm unsure if the Epic Store version supports mods.

Edited by Tudor
3 minutes ago, Tudor said:

How though? Do I just copy paste the GTA folder somewhere else, because I tried this and the game says to launch it through the launcher.

I just had an idea now to install the game through Epic Games, make a total another account there, and get it specifically for RAGEMP, but I'm unsure if the Epic Store version supports mods.

The Epic store version reportedly supports mods.

3 minutes ago, Tudor said:

ZoPnQ2a.png

Like this. The first one is the one I use. When I'd rather use something else. I rename that and add "NVR" on the end. Then rename, let's say "lssd" and remove the "lssd". 

• Thanks 1