The new property rules

zaXer.

16 hours ago, cracked said:

This seems more like greed. Whoever needs to read this, needs to read it. You value your virtual money too much. Wow, you made a bad choice buying (insert any property) that you then, because of new rules, can't sell for anywhere near the price you bought it for. Tough luck. Stop complaining over virtual money. What are we, a bunch of 12 year olds?

An example would be, you bought a house in MP for 1.1 million. House's MP is 225k, and furniture cost brought you up to 300k total value. After the new rule, you can sell it for 900k. You're loosing 200k. How upset should you be about loosing 200k of virtual money? A normal human should not be upset at all.

You stand a valid point with a small mistake - MP House - 150k market price. Apartment - 225k. See the problem? 

Property Management said that they will edit the prices, however its been months since that had to happen. 

Edited by zaXer.
17 hours ago, mj2002 said:

1. Housing requests are disabled, limiting new housing developments in areas where there is little to no availability. This isn't really a system flaw, but rather a standing decision that has certain negative effects on this situation.

House requests will open when we can hopefully manage the work load. Property requests go up to around 40 a WEEK, and it takes a few of us to handle. Some PM admins are taking a break for one reason or another, and those who are active are on different timezones. Coordinating can be difficult, but we've been managing. However, if you include house requests - which are very thorough and require more time and opinions  - you can see how it'll just bury us with work

2. Uneven population spread over the map. This is pretty much unsolvable. You're probably referring to this when you talk about 'factions' influencing this issue.
3. Too few houses available to be bought directly from the system (instead of other players) in high rises in more desirable locations (basically everywhere other than the currently available apartments). This is something where progress can be gained for sure. Perhaps not everyone will be able to have their private lawn and driveway, but creating more apartments would go a long way.

4. Too few houses on the map, period. Again, this is pretty much unsolvable unless you start adding buildings, which doesn't sound like something that's likely to happen. It'd be a nice solution for some areas, but I'm guessing this is a step the server admins aren't willing to take. Makes sense.

I can just push those three points together. Recently myself and and some others have been making new apartment complexes for people. It doesn't alleviate the problem too much, though, but hopefully it provided the few players that gotten them with housing. You have players that do not want apartments, but want houses and then there are players that do not want multi-interior apartments, but standalone ones. 

What are the desirable locations that you mentioned, though? If you give me names, I may be able to look into and hopefully do something about it. 

This all really favors characters who are already property owners. I have never come across any reasonable roleplay as a result of the whole property 'game' this server has going. It just seems to be a system designed to generate money for players who were there early. I'm sure there's someone who is roleplaying this properly, but just like the discussion on second hand car dealerships had pointed out, this is really all just about players enriching themselves and roleplaying is completely secondary.

My personal opinion about the whole housing market is that, people should focus more on the roleplay  rather than the monetary gain. Most players who have put time in the server have more money than they could possibly need. I don't see why some people need three houses, two businesses and five different cars. This is why I think house requests will filter out the players who think about their assets rather than roleplay. 

If we make real estate an open market, it's literally just going to spiral out of control. You are not supposed to profit out of every single house you buy and want to get rid of. That, in my opinion, is a bad mentality and it is selfish to do. I know this is a bit irrelevant, but this is why I really, really want to impose limitations on landlords and real-estate agents but without depriving them from roleplay. It's some sort of a dilemma because it also means I'm technically limiting THEIR roleplay by only allowing them to own a certain amount of property. 

Edited by Bombie
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 7/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, Wirbelwind said:

Selling quaint trailer in Sandy Shores.

$2,330,000 or best offer.

I strongly disagree.

I agree with you. If they allowed people to sell houses in Mirror Park for $1,500,000+ then I will quite frankly never be able to afford a house, just some ugly apartment in a building with zero space to park my car... If they allowed people to sell the house for whatever they want, the price would just keep inflating further and further and cause us new players to lose interest quite quickly...

Right now; if I sell my secondary car for $100,000 I will have roughly $200,000 cash to put into my housing budget...

So if I continue working for another month and get myself up to $300,000 in cash I MIGHT can finally afford a house... That's if I get lucky and find someone that's actually selling theirs for roughly market value... But if these stat-whores had their way, by the time I did actually have $300,000 the house would be worth $600,000 and the cycle would just keep continuing until we're paying $10,000,000 for a house in Mirror Park...

The housing system was quite frankly broken by the people that have been here for years and have everything anyone could ask for...

Newer players have an increasingly harder time to find a house all because long-time players have three or four houses per character and just seem to hold onto them in hopes of the server's administration removing the rule about how much they can sell them for.

Edited by DylanJeter1

Too many people concerned with assets over role play. Nothing new, stat whoring has been around for a looooong time before GTAW was even in its infancy.
Aint nothing you can do to stop it, place as many restrictions as you like. Stat whores gon' whore those stats somehow and pump out the minimal amount of role play required to be considered an actual character with any real depth.

Edited by Baize
  • mj2002 locked this topic