The new property rules

zaXer.

Just now, cracked said:

This seems more like greed. Whoever needs to read this, needs to read it. You value your virtual money too much. Wow, you made a bad choice buying (insert any property) that you then, because of new rules, can't sell for anywhere near the price you bought it for. Tough luck. Stop complaining over virtual money. What are we, a bunch of 12 year olds?

An example would be, you bought a house in MP for 1.1 million. House's MP is 225k, and furniture cost brought you up to 300k total value. After the new rule, you can sell it for 900k. You're loosing 200k. How upset should you be about loosing 200k of virtual money? A normal human should not be upset at all.

So if I worked my ass IG to earn 200k in one month and I just give it away for free? We are potraying irl and 200k is a lot of money. 

25 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You should stop saying "there is a flaw" and start saying "these are the flaws, X, X and X." If not, stop talking.

1. Housing requests are disabled, limiting new housing developments in areas where there is little to no availability. This isn't really a system flaw, but rather a standing decision that has certain negative effects on this situation.

2. Uneven population spread over the map. This is pretty much unsolvable. You're probably referring to this when you talk about 'factions' influencing this issue.

3. Too few houses available to be bought directly from the system (instead of other players) in high rises in more desirable locations (basically everywhere other than the currently available apartments). This is something where progress can be gained for sure. Perhaps not everyone will be able to have their private lawn and driveway, but creating more apartments would go a long way.

4. Too few houses on the map, period. Again, this is pretty much unsolvable unless you start adding buildings, which doesn't sound like something that's likely to happen. It'd be a nice solution for some areas, but I'm guessing this is a step the server admins aren't willing to take. Makes sense.

This all really favors characters who are already property owners. I have never come across any reasonable roleplay as a result of the whole property 'game' this server has going. It just seems to be a system designed to generate money for players who were there early. I'm sure there's someone who is roleplaying this properly, but just like the discussion on second hand car dealerships had pointed out, this is really all just about players enriching themselves and roleplaying is completely secondary.

Edited by mj2002
Just now, Beatrix said:

So if I worked my ass IG to earn 200k in one month and I just give it away for free? We are potraying irl and 200k is a lot of money. 

Yeah, no. Also not sure how you can consider a game which is entertainment "work". 

I think part of the problem is people selling most properties for the max (3x market price + furniture price). It's not uncommon to find people asking the max for a property with a blank interior, where is the sense in that?

There should be some changes to the rules which force empty interior buildings to be worth just their market price, and properties with GTA interiors are worth their market price + interior cost. As for custom interiors, if someone does a very shitty/low effort interior and asks for max price, perhaps PM could step in and work out a fair price for both seller/buyer. For high quality interiors, the current rules would apply.

Just now, Beatrix said:

We are portraying IRL. Our economy isn't.

Just now, mj2002 said:

1. Housing requests are disabled, limiting new housing developments in areas where there is little to no availability. This isn't really a system flaw, but rather a standing decision that has certain negative effects on this situation.

2. Uneven population spread over the map. This is pretty much unsolvable. You're probably referring to this when you talk about 'factions' influencing this issue.

3. Too few houses available to be bought directly from the system (instead of other players in high rises in more desirable locations (basically everywhere other than the currently available apartments). This is something where progress can be gained for sure. Perhaps not everyone will be able to have their private lawn and driveway, but creating more apartments would go a long way.

4. Too few houses on the map, period. Again, this is pretty much unsolvable unless you start adding buildings, which doesn't sound like something that's likely to happen. It'd be a nice solution for some areas, but I'm guessing this is a step the server admins aren't willing to take. Makes sense.

This all really favors characters who are already property owners. I have never come across any reasonable roleplay as a result of the whole property 'game' this server has going. It just seems to be a system designed to generate money for players who were there early. I'm sure there's someone who is roleplaying this properly, but just like the discussion on second hand car dealerships had pointed out, this is really all just about players enriching themselves and roleplaying is completely secondary.

So what do you want them to do? Just make new houses? Out of thin air? Properties are available, a lot of properties. If you want to own something you desire, you need more than just your starting 200k lmao. The only thing that would make the currently neglected apartments for sale more desirable would be if the issue with custom interiors was solved.  However as that issue/bug is only one of the two reasons for non-changable interiors, then this is something that won't be solved any time soon.

Just now, Marksman said:

We are portraying IRL. Our economy isn't.

So what do you want them to do? Just make new houses? Out of thin air? Properties are available, a lot of properties. If you want to own something you desire, you need more than just your starting 200k lmao. The only thing that would make the currently neglected apartments for sale more desirable would be if the issue with custom interiors was solved.  However as that issue/bug is only one of the two reasons for non-changable interiors, then this is something that won't be solved any time soon.

I literally explained already what could be done. Create more apartments in locations where living is OOCly desirable. I don't see why the rules and decisions should be made such that it creates OOC barriers for having characters live in a normal area. I'm not suggesting all Vinewood mansions should be priced at 100k.

As for lots of properties being available. Tell that to the guy wanting to buy something in Paleto Bay. Or try buying something in Grapeseed.

Just now, mj2002 said:

I literally explained already what could be done. Create more apartments in locations where living is OOCly desirable. I don't see why the rules and decisions should be made such that it creates OOC barriers for having characters live in a normal area. I'm not suggesting all Vinewood mansions should be priced at 100k.

As for lots of properties being available. Tell that to the guy wanting to buy something in Paleto Bay. Or try buying something in Grapeseed.

But how do they just create more? Again, out of thin air?

• mj2002 locked this topic