The new property rules

zaXer.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, DylanJeter1 said:

I'm living in a rented house in Mirror Park with at least 9 other people that I'm aware of ?

I'm new to the server and I probably won't ever be able to afford a house with the inflation everyone that has been here for ages has put into place... So I guess being crammed into a rented house with 9+ other people renting it and RP'ing there is just my sad reality. 

https://map.gta.world/

Plenty of affordable houses for sale with just the 40 hours of startup money you get alone. 

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

https://map.gta.world/

Plenty of affordable houses for sale with just the 40 hours of startup money you get alone. 

Unless you'd like to have your character live in;

La Mesa

East Vinewood

Vinewood Hills

Downtown Vinewood

West Vinewood

Richman

Pacific Bluffs

Chumansh

North Chumansh

Paleto Bay

Stab City

Grapeseed

Sandy Shores

Harmony

(basically everywhere in Blaine County)

El Burro Heights

Cypress Flats

Mirror Park

Rancho

Davis

Chamberlain Hills

Strawberry

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Unless you'd like to have your character live in;

La Mesa

East Vinewood

Vinewood Hills

Downtown Vinewood

West Vinewood

Richman

Pacific Bluffs

Chumansh

North Chumansh

Paleto Bay

Stab City

Grapeseed

Sandy Shores

Harmony

(basically everywhere in Blaine County)

El Burro Heights

Cypress Flats

Mirror Park

Rancho

Davis

Chamberlain Hills

Strawberry

Rome wasn't built in a day and you won't get your preferred neighbourhood in 40 hours.

That's something you have to learn to accept.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Marksman said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and you won't get your preferred neighbourhood in 40 hours.

That's something you have to learn to accept.

It does point a fundamental flaw in the system. Property pricing and availability are not realistic at all.

Just now, mj2002 said:

It does point a fundamental flaw in the system. Property pricing and availability are not realistic at all.

What flaw is that? That some areas are more desirable than others? That factions may rely on specific geographical areas whereas civilians don't as much?

• Upvote 1
Just now, Marksman said:

What flaw is that? That some areas are more desirable than others? That factions may rely on specific geographical areas whereas civilians don't as much?

It's not just one flaw, there are numerous and many of them are not easily to solve or even mitigate. Anyone who sees the state of the current property market can see that this problematic. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Pretending otherwise is just silly and doesn't help anyone.

Just now, mj2002 said:

It's not just one flaw, there are numerous and many of them are not easily to solve or even mitigate. Anyone who sees the state of the current property market can see that this problematic. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Pretending otherwise is just silly and doesn't help anyone.

You should stop saying "there is a flaw" and start saying "these are the flaws, X, X and X." If not, stop talking.

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You should stop saying "there is a flaw" and start saying "these are the flaws, X, X and X." If not, stop talking.

You could be more nice though, this is discussion, not a fight.

Problem is that number of properties is more or less the same, while number of players is increasing. That's the biggest flaw.

Take MP houses for example. There are none for sale and with this new property prices, no one will. Because apartment in vinewood has maximum price of 400k, while MP house has maximum price of 450k. This is completely normal for prices to increase, because more players are joining this server. Same thing is with cars, it's just that no one gives a damn about it. You could've bought Rebla for 180k, now it's 240k. You could've bought 8F Drafter for 190-200k now it's 290-300k. You can't really stop this, because this happens on every server that has new players coming every day.

This seems more like greed. Whoever needs to read this, needs to read it. You value your virtual money too much. Wow, you made a bad choice buying (insert any property) that you then, because of new rules, can't sell for anywhere near the price you bought it for. Tough luck. Stop complaining over virtual money. What are we, a bunch of 12 year olds?

An example would be, you bought a house in MP for 1.1 million. House's MP is 225k, and furniture cost brought you up to 300k total value. After the new rule, you can sell it for 900k. You're loosing 200k. How upset should you be about loosing 200k of virtual money? A normal human should not be upset at all.

Edited by cracked
2 minutes ago, Beatrix said:

You could be more nice though, this is discussion, not a fight.

Problem is that number of properties is more or less the same, while number of players is increasing. That's the biggest flaw.

Take MP houses for example. There are none for sale and with this new property prices, no one will. Because apartment in vinewood has maximum price of 400k, while MP house has maximum price of 450k. This is completely normal for prices to increase, because more players are joining this server. Same thing is with cars, it's just that no one gives a damn about it. You could've bought Rebla for 180k, now it's 240k. You could've bought 8F Drafter for 190-200k now it's 290-300k. You can't really stop this, because this happens on every server that has new players coming every day.

It is a discussion, so I expect an actual discussion. What I got from them was anything but.

Houses are not something that should be freely available for purchase. They are highly desirable. Yes, the amount of players increases, but if there are no more properties to be made available, what do you suggest? Put Richman on the general market? Vehicles are not relevant to the discussion.

• mj2002 locked this topic