The new property rules

zaXer.

Vespucci is actually a cesspit of criminals (skinheads, high crime rates, etc) and the properties there should be valued according to the live events that happen there, meaning the value should decrease because of increased criminal activity. If you're looking to purchase a house and the neighborhood is widely known as an area with high crime rates, that would lower the value of said house drastically.

In contrast, a house in an area such as Mirror Park should be valued high for a multitude of reasons. Low crime rate, quality of the area, quality of the house itself, etc.

I do agree with OP.

Edited by KAVKAZ

I don't really see the problem with the house pricing. I think this new rule is pretty good, but I do agree with Zaxxer. Someone who just spent a mil on a Mirror park house is gonna feel fucked in the ass because of this rule. They should increase the MP of the mirror park houses to compensate for that.

The playerbase on this server has grown so much. At peak there are 500 to 700 players online. There's no getting around to the fact that house prices rise because we are with a shitload of people. This happens irl too. House prices in Sandy are insane because there are not a whole lot of trailers in Sandy. The high prices in Sandy are nothing to do with players being greedy af. They know the demand is high and there's always going to be someone who's willing to pay a lot of money to RP in Sandy Shores. This new rule kind of prevents people from being able to sell 100K trailers for 600. 

How about this for an idea: There are tons of apartments and a few houses that are not being used right now. Irl we have a system where if you earn less than a set amount of money you can apply for financial aid. How about we create 50 to 100 apartments that will not be available for sale to the public but rather people have to ICly apply for them. Each application would have to be looked over by the government or w/e office. This has already been used for the Chumash houses and Vinewood hills houses I think. I have a slightly different approach to the idea.

For example: A new player who just joined GtaW is a firefighter and doesn't make a whole lot of money to be able to afford a decent apartment but he still wants to RP in one. He can apply for an apartment and will be given the ability to buy one for $150,000 from the city of Los Santos with the condition that he can only sell it back to the city of Los Santos for the same amount of money he bought it for. 

This would allow players to buy an apartment for a reasonable price, but it will prevent them from selling it for double or triple the money. It will also add more IC RP for players. There already is a forum for the city of Los Santos but as far as I know, it's not even being used for anything. 

16 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

The playerbase on this server has grown so much. At peak there are 500 to 700 players online. There's no getting around to the fact that house prices rise because we are with a shitload of people. This happens irl too. House prices in Sandy are insane because there are not a whole lot of trailers in Sandy. The high prices in Sandy are nothing to do with players being greedy af. They know the demand is high and there's always going to be someone who's willing to pay a lot of money to RP in Sandy Shores. This new rule kind of prevents people from being able to sell 100K trailers for 600.

A housing market can not sustain itself when the only factor is supply and demand. It's not a long-term solution, that's simple economics. Just because an area is highly populated, doesn't mean prices will magically go up. It depends on a huge number of factors such as the area the house is located in, the economy at the time, whether or not mortgage rates are lower or higher, and many other factors. In GTAW, we don't have those factors so the only thing driving price is supply & demand. Nothing good can come from that and it only leads to massively inflated housing prices. No one should be able to sell a $100,000 trailer for $600,000. Ever.

Edited by Chief

I've seen people say that there already are a bunch of people living in the same trailer, and that if you want to rp in Sandy you are able to rent there. Iirc he also said that there are already 10 people living in the same trailer for the sake of just being able to rp there. That's just outrageous. People shouldn't have to need to cram themselves in one tiny property just to be able to RP somewhere, that is not just normal, and definitely unfeasible. I'm not saying that they should be punished either, I'm more so trying to blame the people that are just bloating the prices up in Sandy. I should be able to roleplay somewhere, and not consider my character homeless if he shouldn't be just for the sake of being able to roleplay somewhere. 

Sandy is a problem, and even this rule doesn't help it very much. I can see people charging more money for Paleto houses to some extent, they are proper houses, but Sandy is and has been a shithole of a place to live in, and 300k for a trailer is an ungodly amount to have to pay for a damn trailer.

Edited by Sammux
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Will this somehow effect current house owners? If the market price of their house goes up, does that mean they will have to pay the difference and vice versa? Or is this just so the market prices are brought up-to-date with latest price cap update?

45 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

Will this somehow effect current house owners? If the market price of their house goes up, does that mean they will have to pay the difference and vice versa? Or is this just so the market prices are brought up-to-date with latest price cap update?

Right now I am waiting to see an answer about this. @Bombie, since Bjork did not state what would happen to a house owner who's price went up beyond what he paid. Or what happens to people who paid several hundred grand above MP.

I would imagine that the prices would simply be updated without the need of paying extra for MP's increase or receiving refund for an overpaid place. Ohhh i can't wait to see the whining then.

As for the topic in itself. The new rules were very much needed and it mixed up with the MP adjustments is just a blessing in my eyes. If someone now decides to not sell their house in spite despite not using it well, that's on them. People sure love their assets and $$$.

Besides you can still sell your place for astronomical prices, provided it's interior now is worth it instead of focusing on raising prices just because people play in that area. 

Edited by Memozzy

Hi, sorry for the late response but the prices will be adjusted without the ability of a refund so far and if that changes, we'll let you know. We still are going through all the properties and it'll take us even a longer while to go through all the refund requests that come with them.   

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2020 at 6:12 AM, Sammux said:

I've seen people say that there already are a bunch of people living in the same trailer, and that if you want to rp in Sandy you are able to rent there. Iirc he also said that there are already 10 people living in the same trailer for the sake of just being able to rp there. That's just outrageous.

I'm living in a rented house in Mirror Park with at least 9 other people that I'm aware of ?

I'm new to the server and I probably won't ever be able to afford a house with the inflation everyone that has been here for ages has put into place... So I guess being crammed into a rented house with 9+ other people renting it and RP'ing there is just my sad reality. 

We seen a similar issue on a Multi Theft Auto server back in 2017 through 2019 when it closed. That server had a script where you could make a car astronomically faster than stock variations by RP'ly modifying it. You could make a Honda Civic faster than a Ferrari 458, then list it for sale and some idiot would pay you $350,000 for the Civic that costed at most $50,000 to build just because it goes 250 mph... It was crazy, kinda glad the server died out because it kept getting worse and worse every month. I owned a Bugatti at one point that people barely wanted to pay 750k for, but would legit happily pay 500k to 650k for a Nissan GT-R just because it's modified and way faster than the Bugatti.

Edited by DylanJeter1
  • mj2002 locked this topic