The new property rules

zaXer.

Just now, DjoleK said:

I do have a question of my own, what stops people from placing pointlessly expensive or needless props just to raise the value of furniture, allowing them to sell it for higher markup?

If someone is deleting furniture and finds an alien egg under the sofa I would suggest a report to PM, and the FIB.

Edited by Cara
Just now, DjoleK said:

I do have a question of my own, what stops people from placing pointlessly expensive or needless props just to raise the value of furniture, allowing them to sell it for higher markup?

As per the rules you can't. It's 3x the Market Price + Furniture. So if the market price is 50K, the max you can sell it for is $150,000 + furniture costs (if your furniture is worth 200K the max you can sell the property for is 350K)

Just now, VisioningHail said:

has touched on an actual problem with the price controls. Houses will become traded within cliques or between friends. The other big issue that now that prices are so cheaply priced the richest will be able to buy them for very cheap, which is counter-intuitive to what we're actually looking for.

However, letting the prices inflate so high (especially in such low income areas like Sandy Shores) because "lol market says so" is the reason why we can't have nice things.

Unfortunately this has been the case for longer than you'd expect. People OOCly decide who will want to buy houses and refuse to report their friends for it. It's ridiculous.

I completely agree with the bottom part of your post.

7 minutes ago, eMe said:

As per the rules you can't. It's 3x the Market Price + Furniture. So if the market price is 50K, the max you can sell it for is $150,000 + furniture costs (if your furniture is worth 200K the max you can sell the property for is 350K)

You'll visit the house. Furnitures are the most visible thing ever, no way it's abusable with it. It's here to not punish nice furnishing.

It's not a great referencing but my job is to sell houses in real life, and for perspective please see the below from the software we use to market properties and take offers etc: 

image.png.a6c0cbc71de36ca1be7bcac01496b17b.png

This house came onto the market in December, it had offers as you can see below in excess of the asking price of £375,000.00 however the buyers cancelled and retracted their offers. 

The property sold even still for over the asking price for £378,000.00 but the owners would have taken the £360,000.00 but it just so happened that two people were interested at the same time. 

If we assume that 375K was the 3x market price that would make the MP 125K. As per the new rules, the offers over 375K would not be allowed. It is not reflective in this photo as the page was not updated, but the offer of 360K was raised to 375K over the phone. So both parties had an offer at the full asking price but it was only because one party was able to push up the extra 3K that they got it...

I think that the new 3x policy in some cases gives you a lot of wiggle room, but for many houses it does not put them at a threshold to pay a premium for them.  I think we should be looking at alternative arrangements to lower the price of properties rather then artificially capping them at a pre-determined price as this will greatly reduce the amount of properties actively sold/traded.

• Upvote 2

I completely agree with @zaXer.

In near future, everyone will be walking about with 10 million in their bank accounts. No houses will be for sale, demand for them will be high for the properties, but there won't be any due to this ridiculous new PM rule.

They need to start to taking care of this stupid money inflation from trucking first and such. 

Edited by Gustavs

I have been gone for a year and a half (more or less) and last I was here the fanciest house in Mirror Park was getting sold for 200-350K while MP was at 180-220K. And this was fine, back then GTAW economy wasn't ridiculous like other servers. In fact last Mirror Park house I owned I got for 20K LESS than MP and it had a pool.

Coming back now, people still not rich enough for the stupidly high prices that are seen in the market, while I can afford a 1 million house, I'll never pay for it as it's a rip off, just because someone bought it before others did at MP doesn't mean he should earn 10x the price for it with no actual work done.

The rule to cap that profit to 3x is more than fair, tbh even 2x is fair enough. I'm a civil engineer irl with multiple properties, an example apartment in one of our apt. buildings was 10,000$ 12 years ago! and now it's only 15,000$ with all the inflation and shit. This is 1.5x factor over a 12 years period, people who want to get 10x overnight without working for what they earn or RPing ruin the RP scene and break immersion for everyone with that skewed economy mindset.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Gustavs said:

I completely agree with @zaXer.

In near future, everyone will be walking about with 10 million in their bank accounts. No houses will be for sale, demand for them will be high for the properties, but there won't be any due to this ridiculous new PM rule.

They need to start to taking care of this stupid money inflation from trucking first and such. 

Trucking and mechanic, yeah. 

The problem is that this is completely letely normal for any server, prices will go up as there are no houses for sale in specified area. Look at Mirror Park there was a lot of houses for sale, but there is maybe one for sale, once a month. Someone who really wants a house there is ready to pay a lot and if he wants to do it, dont see why would it be forbidden. I mean most of the house owners will keep their houses now even if they use them ince a month, let this rule be, but dont complain that there are no houses for sale. 

The money is not the problem here, the problem is in other jobs that make you rich fast enough. Whoever is a real estate agent IG or IRL he's wealthy enough and I see no problem with that for someone to be "rich". 

Edited by Beatrix

As I see @zaXer. your problem is not the rule itself but the base property prices. Let's draw a line between these two.

The rule is lovely. As soon as new houses will be released, house flippers will be forced to sell the properties within a reasonable price range. This will help the new players and those who cannot milk the script money all the time. For the vast majority, this change is a huge deal. I support this rule with all hands and legs.

On the other hand, I see your problem as well but you need to understand, your problem is not the rule but the base property prices. I can agree that most of the prices are unbalanced and needs to be corrected but this is a problem for another day. For now, this rule will give a barrier to the market to keep the prices within reasonable limits, and later on, we can work on the price balancing. 

You should open a suggestion regarding that because that's your problem, not the rule itself. 

• mj2002 locked this topic