The new property rules

zaXer.

11 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

If player A sells his house in Sandy Shores for 150k because that's the maximum he can get per hte new rules, there'll be for example 50 people who want to buy it.

Who buys it. then? People will begin doing "background transactions" to pay more in order to 'win' that house auction.

Am I the only one who sees the much more rising issues than issues being solved?

Just pick your favorite buyer no need to break rules?

Edited by Camacho

I do agree that the above will be a big problem moving forward. Players will just get richer and richer and everyone will be sitting on wealth until a house drops with a maximum price of 500K and there will be a queue of people prepared to buy it. 

3 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Just pick your favorite buyer no need to break rules?

NO you can't pick because this violates the fair housing act and can accumulate to huge lawsuits. From now on the economy will be managed by the staff it seems, not sure if good or bad. But I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing because basically people go inactive and then that long awaited homoe is there, and someone else gets it. It's... A very confusing subject but we're in a RP server that's supposed to be player to player I believe. Now I understand it is ideal for there to be neighborhood RP as it states in the rules but... That won't be ever possible unless there's an active government that does events in the neighborhood. Some leader of the department. To get this community RP rolling you focus on the Government first.

Edited by Chuck Lee
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, eMe said:

I do agree that the above will be a big problem moving forward. Players will just get richer and richer and everyone will be sitting on wealth until a house drops with a maximum price of 500K and there will be a queue of people prepared to buy it. 

No disrespect meant but how do you think real-estate works in real life? People wait for houses to come up and buy them when others drop their bids. This would be the same thing.

3 minutes ago, eMe said:

Exactly. 

The issue I am writing here is about the lack of sense at market pricing between properties of different quality zones.  A mirror park house shouldn't have a MP similar to a sandy trailer. 

Edited by zaXer.
Just now, qcumber said:

No disrespect meant but how do you think real-estate works in real life? People wait for houses to come up and buy them when others drop their bids. This would be the same thing.

No disrespect taken. I would wager it is you who is uninformed, IRL you can offer over the asking price, which is common practice in some markets, however with this new rule, you cannot offer over the asking price.

If a house is priced cheaply (for whatever reason) you are able to offer more than that cheap price. However, with this new rule implementation you cannot. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DjoleK said:

I do have a question of my own, what stops people from placing pointlessly expensive or needless props just to raise the value of furniture, allowing them to sell it for higher markup?

oh no please dont give them any ideas

• Applaud 1

@eMe has touched on an actual problem with the price controls. Houses will become traded within cliques or between friends. The other big issue that now that prices are so cheaply priced the richest will be able to buy them for very cheap, which is counter-intuitive to what we're actually looking for.

However, letting the prices inflate so high (especially in such low income areas like Sandy Shores) because "lol market says so" is the reason why we can't have nice things.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DjoleK said:

I do have a question of my own, what stops people from placing pointlessly expensive or needless props just to raise the value of furniture, allowing them to sell it for higher markup?

You'll probably end up getting banned if you do so, not even gonna lie. People usually sell properties with screenshots attached and if PM notices something fishy you'll just sign up to get in trouble.

• mj2002 locked this topic