The new property rules

zaXer.

Just now, zaXer. said:

If someone who roleplays in sandy and has a lot of money (left from another character, etc), then I dont see an issue if they want to spend 600k to buy a house in Sandy Shores. It's called search and demand. The demand for houses in Sandy Shores is high, hence why their prices increase. That's absolutely normal and happens all around us. While yes, I believe 600k is stupid for a Sandy Shores house, players are generally more rich now and the value of money is decreasing as days go, due the economy we have here.

Yikes, if you don't see a problem with what you wrote then I don't know what to tell you bud...

• Upvote 2
Just now, zaXer. said:

f someone who roleplays in sandy and has a lot of money (left from another character, etc), then I dont see an issue if they want to spend 600k to buy a house in Sandy Shores.

But what about poor characters who want to RP in Sandy Shores, a poor area.

Constantly quoting supply and demand like its gospel is meaningless if the system doesn't serve the playerbase. We model our economic systems to serve the the population, not for the population to serve the economic system. If the economic system is broken and not working for a majority of people the system needs to be fixed, such as severely lowering the market forces involved in the housing market.

Just now, zaXer. said:

If someone who roleplays in sandy and has a lot of money (left from another character, etc), then I dont see an issue if they want to spend 600k to buy a house in Sandy Shores. It's called search and demand. The demand for houses in Sandy Shores is high, hence why their prices increase. That's absolutely normal and happens all around us. While yes, I believe 600k is stupid for a Sandy Shores house, players are generally more rich now and the value of money is decreasing as days go, due the economy we have here.

Why should Sandy Shores, a place meant for poor, lower class, and generally hippie/redneck types be reserved for people with literally half a million dollars? The only reason there is demand for houses in Sandy Shores at the moment is because people are just buying them and using them for stash houses, providing nothing at all in the way of roleplay. It ruins the roleplay for people who actually want to make something fun out there, and raising the asking prices of trailers, which are not much bigger than an SUV, to 450k-700k is a terrible idea.

• Upvote 1
Just now, qcumber said:

Why should Sandy Shores, a place meant for poor, lower class, and generally hippie/redneck types be reserved for people with literally half a million dollars? The only reason there is demand for houses in Sandy Shores at the moment is because people are just buying them and using them for stash houses, providing nothing at all in the way of roleplay. It ruins the roleplay for people who actually want to make something fun out there, and raising the asking prices of trailers, which are not much bigger than an SUV, to 450k-700k is a terrible idea.

Just now, VisioningHail said:

But what about poor characters who want to RP in Sandy Shores, a poor area.

Constantly quoting supply and demand like its gospel is meaningless if the system doesn't serve the playerbase. We model our economic systems to serve the the population, not for the population to serve the economic system. If the economic system is broken and not working for a majority of people the system needs to be fixed, such as severely lowering the market forces involved in the housing market.

Exactly this, this is reopening the roads to actual neighbourhood roleplay in these sub-sections of society that aren't being represented because of the major house inflation.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, qcumber said:

That should be controlled by the player roleplay quality team, rather than making limitations on properties sale price.

If player A sells his house in Sandy Shores for 150k because that's the maximum he can get per hte new rules, there'll be for example 50 people who want to buy it.

Who buys it. then? People will begin doing "background transactions" to pay more in order to 'win' that house auction.

Edited by zaXer.
4 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

That mentality is exactly why the new rules are needed and why I can't take this post seriously.

Just now, Centi said:

That mentality is exactly why the new rules are needed and why I can't take this post seriously.

If player A sells his house in Sandy Shores for 150k because that's the maximum he can get per hte new rules, there'll be for example 50 people who want to buy it.

Who buys it. then? People will begin doing "background transactions" to pay more in order to 'win' that house auction.

Am I the only one who sees the much more rising issues than issues being solved?

As I said, I approve the control of properties, but that should be done by controling the economy first, not put limitations that make no sense for certain properties which are made at the beginning of the server and hold an incorrect MP value (as explained, a Mirror park house MP = Sandy Shores house MP).
There are currently no fees or maintenance to owning a house. A step in the right direction would be to add taxes and maintenance to properties, rather than put rule limitations.

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 2

For the love of god, why create such a fuss about the rules when they should have been there in the first place? They stated in the rules that you can sell the property for up to x3 times the market price+furniture price. Not 2 but 3. This makes me able to sell a property that I bought for 100k for up to 300k should the other party desire. 

People selling trailers and low-end properties for up to 300k is utmost ridiculous and it's everyone's fault for letting it slide that way. The prices have inflated and this is a way to maybe no reduct inflation entirely but at least slow down the process massively. 

Edit: If multiple people are willing to pay the maximum price you can sell the property for - I'm just you can talk something out with PM. 

TL;DR The new rules were needed, they're completely justified and nothing should be changed. People being angry for not being able to map the whole interior and then sell it for ridiculous prices is a whole other story.

Edited by nateX
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic