Truck delivery employees are literally A.I humans

BigDrip

I'm just going to step in here and say it again, if you do the trucking job, you're ICly being a trucker, RP it properly, if you just speed around the city then you're part of the problem mentioned by the OP, just like the people who just stand there and spam the commands are a problem.

• Applaud 1
8 minutes ago, Chief said:

It’s not one of the most viable ways to make money, especially in the beginning. It’s just a more passive method, which some people prefer. There are plenty of other ways to make plenty of money. Doesn’t mean they should be held to any different RP standard than everyone else on the server. So, yes. I expect them to RP and not be lazy. 

Sure, there are a lot of much better ways to do so, but it still pays pretty good when you start doing larger orders and is one of the best ways to start out in order to get the money to for a business you wanna do or something. My point is though that certain things you just don't need to roleplay, I understand it's a rule so I agree that it should be followed, but it doesn't add to anyone's experience and is just an annoyance to the truck drivers. You wouldn't expect someone to have to roleplay walking or breathing so I feel like it should be the same for this. although I would suggest making it so that you can't run whilst holding a crate as that can be seen as kind of mingey.

Edited by my_g
On 5/10/2020 at 6:03 PM, BigDrip said:

Finally one of them begins to rp unloading the truck and delivering the crates to the store.

That was me and I was RPing since the beginning, it was not because you called people out.

But I understand that it cant get really messy when a working 24/7 is the only business requesting crates - most players roleplay /me's when they park their trucks but are not used to roleplay with employees and most of the time ignore them completely.

On 5/11/2020 at 2:58 AM, arrdef said:

A possible solution is to treat it like any other job: The company makes money off selling crates, and the drivers get a fixed paycheck. This eliminates the incentive to drive like a maniac, since your paycheck is only determined by roleplay. And it enables more passive rp that doesn't revolve around constantly driving across the map.

At any rate, the job shouldn't be crippled with an OOC application system because it's misused. Trucking can be decent roleplay if the people in that scene actually put in effort. And you can't possibly have an admin-supervised application scheme for everything.

By the way, this also applies to garbage.

Why don't they just do the same thing they did with Gas Stations where you have to roleplay for an hour to get the government 4k.

I'm currently in the process of creating a new introduction tutorial for new players with new simple jobs to redirect them away from trucking. Bad truckers disturb other players but the addition of some new jobs a bit away from big hubs (businesses) will help push noobs away from it and maybe have only serious truckers.

Lot of new players that i've been talking with are kind of lost when joining and just join trucking because it's the only available job (garbage is often not working, fishing is impossible without cars to go to the selling place) which fills the job with new players that don't roleplay it. Hence why it'll most likely solve most issues.

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I'm currently in the process of creating a new introduction tutorial for new players with new simple jobs to redirect them away from trucking. Bad truckers disturb other players but the addition of some new jobs a bit away from big hubs (businesses) will help push noobs away from it and maybe have only serious truckers.

Lot of new players that i've been talking with are kind of lost when joining and just join trucking because it's the only available job (garbage is often not working, fishing is impossible without cars to go to the selling place) which fills the job with new players that don't roleplay it. Hence why it'll most likely solve most issues.

I have been in the logistics sector of the server for a little over a year now. We've manage to adjust our systems to regulate the induction of new players in to the server that manage to make their way into our business. Those systems being hierarchies and supervision. Although many trucking company owners do their best to regulate the realism that their workers portray, it has something to do with the script however. The script could be adjusted in many ways to create a realistic immersiveneness from whoever decided to do the job. I think that the trucking script could be looked into more and discussed to create a more immersive one. Furthermore, we can agree that trucking correlates to satisfy the huge demand there is for components. Which it is great, gives some realism to the server, and I think that with a few tweaks and perspective adjustments to the script, we could end up with an improved system that will aid the current trucking situation. I wouldn't say that we have to run from it, but actually put time into it since it interacts with the chain of demand of the whole server. That is just a small idea I wanted to pitch, because I think this would be great for anyone who joins the trucking coomunity or the people related to it already.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I went over some of the replies on this thread and from my personal experience, I think, it's a little exaggerated.

My character works for a store and I see truckers deliver stuff almost everyday and only one out of 20 truckers does it as a robot without RP, rest of them spend time properly RP'ing this.

But if it happens as often as some people say, maybe there should be some sort of a cool down between the deliveries? Once you place one crate, let's say you need to wait for at least 1 minute before placing another one, that way player won't have anything to do other than spend that minute roleplaying.

First of all to people who think delivery drivers aren't to blame. They are, just because something's there or doable doesn't mean you should do it.

It's in the rules right out there, you are expected to roleplay every time, even when alone. Many drivers do the same thing over and over, I stop at the lights and move when I have green right? Cause normally people do so, but then a van comes storming from my right or left side not caring about traffic rules.

And that's just tip of the iceberg. Seven trucks blocking the only way to get to the garage marker, line of cars with people waiting to mod their cars and rp? Pretty common, I think, get three strikes aka caught trucking without rp = ban. People are being banned or ajailed for no rp, why not truckers?

Edited by Engelbert
59 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

First of all to people who think delivery drivers aren't to blame. They are, just because something's there or doable doesn't mean you should do it.

It's in the rules right out there, you are expected to roleplay every time, even when alone. Many drivers do the same thing over and over, I stop at the lights and move when I have green right? Cause normally people do so, but then a van comes storming from my right or left side not caring about traffic rules.

And that's just tip of the iceberg. Seven trucks blocking the only way to get to the garage marker, line of cars with people waiting to mod their cars and rp? Pretty common, I think, get three strikes aka caught trucking without rp = ban. People are being banned or ajailed for no rp, why not truckers?

Regarding businesses being flooded with truckers, how do you come to a conclusion that it's their fault? The current trucking system isn't working as it should, and more often than not there is only one business accepting cargo. Often there are no businesses accepting cargo and truckers wait for one to come available. How can you blame them for that? I understand everyone's frustration with the current situation, and I can see that newbie truckers often disregard the rules and as a senior trucker my image is disrupted. However I urge everyone to understand that there are two sides to every story.

12 minutes ago, MartosG said:

Regarding businesses being flooded with truckers, how do you come to a conclusion that it's their fault? The current trucking system isn't working as it should, and more often than not there is only one business accepting cargo. Often there are no businesses accepting cargo and truckers wait for one to come available. How can you blame them for that? I understand everyone's frustration with the current situation, and I can see that newbie truckers often disregard the rules and as a senior trucker my image is disrupted. However I urge everyone to understand that there are two sides to every story.

Flocking to a single open business, isn't really a two sides story. It's called grind. And it's not really a roleplay, I personally wish trucking and delivery was heavily licensed cause normally it is. And normally you can't just get a van and start making deliveries. It's same as mining and as we know mining was removed. It is their fault, cause they choose to earn money without roleplay. I was solely talking about that only situation when many vans block one place cause it's the only one open. Besides....van driver does not decide when businesses need components, business owners and managers should be able to order them themselves and open the delivery point only then, once their designated driver or company truck arrives. Which is also why drivers shouldn't be paid per crate delivered, but per hour just like stores etc etc, where the timer only goes down when you roleplay. I work in an ink shop where I am mostly alone, cause people are coming either randomly or per appointment, but that does not mean I don't have to roleplay.

Edited by Engelbert
  • mj2002 locked this topic