Truck delivery employees are literally A.I humans

BigDrip

I noticed today while working on my part-time shift, 7 trucker employees are literally running back and forth to drop off crates. I had to call them out and tell them you're supposed to rp your actions that are relatable to the job. Instead what I'm seeing is robots in and out of the store. Finally one of them begins to rp unloading the truck and delivering the crates to the store. Even when he was done, I as the employee of the store had to sign off papers for the shipment received.  So here's a question if this job was supervised by admins to make sure players where rping to deliver goods and whatnot. How many players would actually be a trucker delivery employee? I know for a fact a good chunk of players has this job and not all of them actually role play, but instead, they just see it as a grind. A quick way to make a buck. Working at a store, I can't just accept orders. I rp everything, even have interactions with the customer.  After everything is rp'd then I /acceptorder. Some people do get upset with me as they have to wait.  So, I really what to know your thoughts on what needs to be taken to fix this problem.

• Upvote 3

Sad truth is that most (good 95%) of the people that do scripted/side jobs do them purely for profit and not for RP, can't really remember when I've last seen someone RP a trash collector/DoS worker or similar LMAO, and not only on GTAW, it's a common wide-spread thing on all RP servers really. 

Trucker job is a glorified mining job, change my mind, 2% of them actually care to RP it, the rest are just mindless, brainless zombies that race around the server like it's a F1 track in hopes of getting a few bucks. The job needs to either be application only, or RP standards needs to be enforced.

It's not trucking, it's like being a FedEx driver, there's barely any real  trucks. It's simply the old courier job that was glorified. I feel like there's so many issues with it. The lack of business needing crates ends up in 15 truckers at the same location doing one /me. I feel like the trucking job should be like hourly paid just like a 24/7 or something like that. It's not trucking it's just like the old mining, and it's far from being fun when you see people racing with white speedos over the city.

Edited by Mattkov
16 minutes ago, Mattkov said:

It's not trucking, it's like being a FedEx driver, there's barely any real  trucks. It's simply the old courier job that was glorified. I feel like there's so many issues with it. The lack of business needing crates ends up in 15 truckers at the same location doing one /me. I feel like the trucking job should be like hourly paid just like a 24/7 or something like that. It's not trucking it's just like the old mining, and it's far from being fun when you see people racing with white speedos over the city.

I don't want to attack you, but you are not in the position to talk about racing trucks, literally you did it in a Pounder...

Anyway if you saw that happen you should report it to an admin because that's not allowed, as for my company (white trucks mainly) we try to regulate it all the time, and even have designed a team to do those regulations. 

@BigDrip If you were to have any proof of white trucks doing so please send it over.

Edited by Chuck Lee

I can say I've met maybe 4-5 truckers who I've thought were actually roleplaying the job properly, and I'd include myself there. The job attracts a lot of new players, and it is typically those who wont roleplay delivering at all or in a very poor fashion. Even at that, there's more to it than just doing lines about delivering the crates, I myself would roleplay going on a lunch break, checking my truck for damage if I hit something, and more.

You'll meet a lot of people who not only roleplay poorly, but they'll just do the most nonrp shit. I've had my truck rammed for being in the loading spot, and the person was just like "you're blocking it what am I supposed to do?" when I confronted them ICly. People literally don't know how to roleplay at all when doing this job. Back when I used to truck in January I feel like while there still were some bad actors there were a lot more who actually roleplayed the job as opposed to now, which is why I don't really truck much anymore. Generally I find that truckers coming from trucking companies have a higher standard of roleplay, not always the best, but higher. Rental truckers are typically the ones that are complaint worthy.

The most annoying thing is just the fact that a business will open and then you'll see truckers rushing to it in flocks. I feel like maybe there should be some kind of class restriction, like only Mule or Benson and above can deliver to an open business, because it's typically the drivers who don't reach higher ranks that act like idiots. Either way, the trucking system in general is a bit strange. The fact that you make less money as an independent operator is odd.

Overall I think that if people actually did what their character would, we wouldn't have problems like this anyways. It's a little weird to see someone bartend one day and behind the wheel of a truck the next. Some people solely chase cash, and I wonder if they ever stopped to consider whether their character fits any of this.

I've worked for a trucking company (briefly, BTG). 

Unless you've actually been apart of one of these firms then you aren't really in a position to comment. If you say it's a 'way to make a quick buck', then you're greatly mistaken because when you start off trucking, you make absolutely fuck all ? Yeah, it's a grind, but most script jobs are. You can say the same about Taxi Drivers, they only /me at the beginning and end of the journey.

Trucking jobs are monotonous, time consuming and there aren't too many rewards from it - so you can't really expect top-line RP to be produced when the reward is so low. The reason most trucking employees rush their /me's is because in order to make the job worth it, you really have to get a lot of orders in during a single shift - and when there's 15 drivers all driving around, those orders disappear quickly.

Working for a trucking company like BTG, there really is a great element of RP, from the radio chatter, to the HQ staff breaks and such. I think you need to actually participate in trucking RP before commenting. Just my opinion!

• Upvote 1
Just now, SpeccsOps said:

I've worked for a trucking company (briefly, BTG). 

Unless you've actually been apart of one of these firms then you aren't really in a position to comment. If you say it's a 'way to make a quick buck', then you're greatly mistaken because when you start off trucking, you make absolutely fuck all ? Yeah, it's a grind, but most script jobs are. You can say the same about Taxi Drivers, they only /me at the beginning and end of the journey.

Trucking jobs are monotonous, time consuming and there aren't too many rewards from it - so you can't really expect top-line RP to be produced when the reward is so low. The reason most trucking employees rush their /me's is because in order to make the job worth it, you really have to get a lot of orders in during a single shift - and when there's 15 drivers all driving around, those orders disappear quickly.

Working for a trucking company like BTG, there really is a great element of RP, from the radio chatter, to the HQ staff breaks and such. I think you need to actually participate in trucking RP before commenting. Just my opinion!

You're taking the wrong cabs if your drivers are only roleplaying at the beginning and end. 

I don't know if OP is referring to all drivers, but there are definitely a lot of drivers who don't roleplay at all. It's typically not the company drivers but the rental Burrito drivers.

The sad thing about roleplay is that grinding jobs will always have to exist so players can make money. Unfortunately it is not easy to make money without grinding a lot first to create a small savings. The only thing we can do is report the players who do not roleplay and drive stupidly,

As a trucker who doesn't speed and parks up my truck realistically to deliver crates, it's jarring to see a white speedo pass you at 90mph, drifting around the corner to shove crates into their truck as fast as possible, then parks on the sidewalk and sprints to deliver each crate, rinse and repeat.

Only makes it worse that by the time admins respond to your report, the guy could have already done 10 shipments and called it a day, you just have to record it and report them formally on the forums. 

I do not agree with trucking being paid hourly, many of us do not have the time to play for hours straight which is why I avoid 24/7 type jobs.

Edited by icarusfeather
  • Applaud 1

/report

Staff will observe them and they'll be warned accordingly. There are close to 500 players on every night, it's impossible for staff to effectively police badRP in these jobs if no one is reporting IG. The bad eggs will be banned, everyone else will get the picture. Personally I think trucking should be managed by player trucking factions, at least them there is somebody who can be held responsibly if people are abusing the system.

• mj2002 locked this topic