Make the garbage cap player-specific instead of serverwide.

arrdef

Short description: Make the garbage cap player-specific instead of serverwide. Instead of about 300 bags for the entire server (according to my experience), make it a player specific limit (like all the other jobs operate).

Detailed description: It looks like a simple change to me. You could make the player limit something like 192 bags, which amounts to four full garbage trucks.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would allow people in different timezones to roleplay with the trash trucks. Currently, when I log on in 1PM, there is no trash. Someone who just logged on in the evening shouldn't be denied the opportunity to do some trash rp just because people did it 12 hours earlier.

Additional information: The "There is no trash wait! Wait around a bit." prompt is highly misleading. Yesterday, I logged on at 1PM, there was no trash. I asked a friend to test it at 5pm, and there was no trash. I logged on again at 8pm, and there was no trash. I believe you need to wait until either a server crash or the 5am reset for there to be trash again. The prompt should be changed with something that reads: "There is no more trash for you today! Try again tomorrow!".

The disadvantage to this would be that trash trucks would technically be able to constantly collect trash at an unrealistic rate. I doubt this will happen because not that many players are even interested in the job (there are better money making ways, and a lot of people believe it is impossible to roleplay with script jobs). I personally believe that even if this would happen, this beats nobody being able to do the job because some guys did it at 6am.

This was suggested before years ago, but nobody cared (there was 1 response to it).

Edited by arrdef