I've been placed in jail for 9999 days..

So last night, my character was placed in jail. I plead not guilty with the intention to fight the case since I believe I was stopped for an invalid reason / bad RP.

My first and foremost issue regarding this matter is that I have been in jail for about 13 hours, real time, since I was arrested. I was told that I would receive a notification on the forums when the court documents were posted. Again, it has been 13 hours and there has been nothing posted on the forums about this. I checked every government forum and sub forum. I gave the arresting officer my forum name so they could tag me in the documents but like I said...I haven't gotten anything. There isn't even a new topic started like State of San Andres vs _______.

Anyways, I also was never pulled over. I was charged with vehicular endangerment and motor vehicle contest (racing). About 5 minutes IC, before the stop was initiated, I had posted an ad about selling my car. I was idling, in my car, IC'ly, in the roadside shoulder and responding to texts for the offers on my car. The police officer pulled up behind me and flashed his lights, initiating the traffic stop while I was literally just sitting on the side of the road. The police officer then mentioned what he stopped me for. I told him IC'ly that I had just pulled off to the side of the road to respond to IC texts. After RP'ing the situation of license and registration, I heard a helicopter above but I could not see it. The officer then told me that the helicopter spotted me street racing. Mind you, I was sitting on the side of the road for about 5 minutes when this encounter with the police had started.

The thing that annoys me the most is that I have been waiting for the forum topic of my arrest documents to be posted. Like I said before, it's been 13 hours and there is still nothing posted on any forum. I pleaded Not Guilty because I intended to fight this...now I'm stuck in jail waiting 9999 days until someone from the courts or the arresting officer decided to post the documents.

What do I do in this situation?

Hi Shizzy, 

The court system can usually be slow, depending on how many cases are pending and if lawyers/judges are available and you may stay in jail for a week to two weeks - hopefully no more than a week, though. The individual who arrested you has to submit to the court that you pleaded not guilty. If you suspect there was a rule break, you are more than free to submit a forum report to clear any miscommunication that may have occurred between you and the other player(s). If it wasn't a rule break, and if you think the player's character was in the wrong for arresting you, you can also post an IA complaint on the correct forums:

LSPD: https://lspd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=1265

LSSD: https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=30

I have submitted a complaint with IA of the LSPD. 

My character was in the process of applying for a PF license and it was just denied because my character now has a felony charge.

It does not make sense that the person processing my PF license request has access to that information since there are no other documents pertaining to my arrest. It has now been almost 18 hours and there still isn't a topic or any notification that I have been tagged in a topic regarding my court case.

Since I am in NA, the time zones are different...I am 4 hours behind. 

So my PF license application was denied 1 hour after I was arrested. I am still waiting for any information regarding my arrest to surface in the forums...yes, I checked LSPD forums and LSSD forums as well.

I really feel like the officer just arrested my using scripts and failed actually submit the information through proper channels.

Edited by shizzyranks
Adding a point of argument
22 minutes ago, shizzyranks said:

I have submitted a complaint with IA of the LSPD. 

My character was in the process of applying for a PF license and it was just denied because my character now has a felony charge.

It does not make sense that the person processing my PF license request has access to that information since there are no other documents pertaining to my arrest. It has now been almost 18 hours and there still isn't a topic or any notification that I have been tagged in a topic regarding my court case.

Since I am in NA, the time zones are different...I am 4 hours behind. 

So my PF license application was denied 1 hour after I was arrested. I am still waiting for any information regarding my arrest to surface in the forums...yes, I checked LSPD forums and LSSD forums as well.

I really feel like the officer just arrested my using scripts and failed actually submit the information through proper channels.

When Police / Sheriffs arrest people, they file charges on your MDC page, which only members from PD/SD/Admins have access to. So, everyone in a law enforcement faction has access to it. 

Outside of anything else what you just described is illegal ICly since you haven't been convicted of any crime, attorneys are always a good resource. You should be assigned a public defender when the case goes to trial.

Edited by bartman
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, bartman said:

Outside of anything else what you just described is illegal ICly since you haven't been convicted of any crime, attorneys are always a good resource. You should be assigned a public defender when the case goes to trial.

Thanks for this information. I'm going to respond to your PM's about attorney aquisition.

Just now, shizzyranks said:

Thanks for this information. I'm going to respond to your PM's about attorney aquisition.

Glad to help. You should be assigned a public defender or given the option to pay for a attorney at the trial. I explained some more of the process In the PM.

• Bash locked this topic