Change the 911 Text

Shadow

Short description: 

Change the 911 text so that it's more clear

Detailed description: 

It seems that the 911 text isn't abundantly clear when you're in the heat of a situation and a lot of people are mixing up the 'Wheres' with 'Whats' and it leads to a good 40% of 911 calls having incorrect information. I've even done this myself.

Here's what it currently displays -

image.png.05d3ba8823ce2c8afe1c6e84fd7fb098.png

I'd propose this is changed to:

"Alright, state the location of your emergency."

Commands to add: 

None

Items to add: 

None

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

This would make it a lot clearer to those calling 911 and save a lot of PD headaches where people are putting the situation into both the location prompt and the situation prompt.

Additional information: 

None

Edited by Shadow
  • Upvote 1

Agree. they should add ambulance to the call too, most people dont understand when it only says PD and Fire as for the majority of countries the fire department is a completely seperate entity that has no link to paramedics.

It shouldn't even ask for a location in my opinion, they have a map system that shows them the location exactly. And its also asking too many questions.

The other day I tried rping that I just dialed 911 without saying anything but typing out what the "bad" guys were saying. It got stuck on asking me if I needed police or not, then I had to say "Police" nothing like trying to be discreet and it making you shout that you need police...

It shouldn't need to ask weather you need police medical or fire, that would be realistically the dispatchers job to find out based off what they were saying. Where I'm from, all three come out regardless if you asked for them or not, better to be safe than sorry. 

18 hours ago, Rayy said:

It shouldn't even ask for a location in my opinion, they have a map system that shows them the location exactly. And its also asking too many questions.

The other day I tried rping that I just dialed 911 without saying anything but typing out what the "bad" guys were saying. It got stuck on asking me if I needed police or not, then I had to say "Police" nothing like trying to be discreet and it making you shout that you need police...

It shouldn't need to ask weather you need police medical or fire, that would be realistically the dispatchers job to find out based off what they were saying. Where I'm from, all three come out regardless if you asked for them or not, better to be safe than sorry. 

the location is asked, because sometimes a person wants to report an emergency at a different location. and since the call is automated, there's going to have to be some kind of key word to let the system know who the call needs to be forwarded to.

also the FD, EMS and the police show up to any and all emergencies in your country?

other than that, i agree with OP's suggestion. lots of mix ups as is.

6 minutes ago, Five-oh said:

the location is asked, because sometimes a person wants to report an emergency at a different location. and since the call is automated, there's going to have to be some kind of key word to let the system know who the call needs to be forwarded to.

also the FD, EMS and the police show up to any and all emergencies in your country?

other than that, i agree with OP's suggestion. lots of mix ups as is.

Yep, From Florida, in my area. All three come out(Or start to be enroute) First person on scene will usually tell the rest if a ambulance is needed or if a ambulance arrives first, it'll tell FD to back down if not needed.