Minimum age for characters?

Westen

Hi.

One problem I run into more and more these days is people doing whatever they want, and then throwing out the ol' /me is 13/14/15 and complaining in /b that my actions would be unrealistic when I proceed to tase their ass for pedalling through a police perimeter where the cops have assault rifles out for a gangland hit.

With the way the game works, every character looks like an adult, and, on face value, I'm going to take it that way. I don't always have time to /examine everyone at a scene, especially the people trying to run away from my character.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that underaged characters are vital in illegal roleplay - so my question is thus:

What would be a fair and balanced way to address these issues while still keeping that avenue for illegal roleplay there?

• Upvote 7

cde.jpg.96538bacf31ab3747a8affccf3835052.jpg

could have a restriction creating younger characters through some form of request, so it can be ensured the player is actually a decent roleplayer and doesn't have an elder scroll of an admin record before they start trying to portray something like this, which i've only seen being done unrealistically

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, joshua said:

cde.jpg.96538bacf31ab3747a8affccf3835052.jpg

could have a restriction creating younger characters through some form of request, so it can be ensured the player is actually a decent roleplayer and doesn't have an elder scroll of an admin record before they start trying to portray something like this, which i've only seen being done unrealistically

There is no resources in FM to monitor a single faction and you want people doing requests for it lmao. Not going to work, there are huge flaws in both sides as PD as underaged rprs.

Just now, Tennplugg said:

Eh, did you even read the post? It's kind of hard to stop someone while they RUN or PEDAL right through a crime scene or perimeter. Which happens way more often than you think. 

As an LEO RP'er and illegal rper. I'd suggest a minimum age of 14/15  y/o. Anything lower is just weird imo. 

I mean rping 14 or 15 is already weird anyways lmao. There is no reason to be lower than 17, literally. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Demon Dooski said:

I mean rping 14 or 15 is already weird anyways lmao. There is no reason to be lower than 17, literally. 

To be honest, I've never roleplayed younger than sixteen, because there's no need for 14-15 y/o's, but I've seen people do it. So suppose it's needed for something?

Just now, Tennplugg said:

To be honest, I've never roleplayed younger than sixteen, because there's no need for 14-15 y/o's, but I've seen people do it. So suppose it's needed for something?

Not a single gang faction so far have had a scout. So no, there is no reason.

Gangs rely on role-playing juvenile characters. It's a crucial aspect of criminal role-play. We have tools at our disposal that despite them role-playing juveniles, they can still go to jail. Setting an age bar that gets rid of the ability to role-play a kid just because some players suffer from idiocy is no way to fix this.

I think you need to take your time to role-play with people. I've had tons of good interactions with such characters. If you disregard them like you admitted you did, they will disregard you too and you aren't getting anywhere. Police role-players need to be givers. Characters in specific areas become desensitized to crime, violence and quickly adapt to having police in the area 24/7. They might be role-playing that. It's why you can't generalize in these aspects.

I'm not saying it's not an issue but I'm saying you reap what you sow. If tazing them for riding a bike is the answer then it's no wonder they might not want to role-play with you. If someone deliberately does something stupid, disregard them or correct them and worst case scenario submit a report and I'm sure the staff team will deal with it promptly.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 6