Minimum age for characters?

Westen

On 5/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, bidi bidi bom bom said:

I honestly think we should let people RP as young as 10 years old, especially for street gangs, there's a lot of avenues of RP that can be done when you're under 15 years old.

Except the fact that the game itself doesn't allow for such character creation visually. Which is vital part I'd say cause nearly everyone works with what they see in front of them and just then they actually examine people or read their description. So as @Westen said it's pretty hard chasing someone down the street and tazing them and just then figuring out their age cause normally it should be obvious just by looking. Which isn't because GTA never counted with teenage portrayal.

Edited by Engelbert
23 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Except the fact that the game itself doesn't allow for such character creation visually. Which is vital part I'd say cause nearly everyone works with what they see in front of them and just then they actually examine people or read their description. So as @Westen said it's pretty hard chasing someone down the street and tazing them and just then figuring out their age cause normally it should be obvious just by looking. Which isn't because GTA never counted with teenage portrayal.

Same could've been said for GTA SA RP Servers and it was pulled off pretty good, there's a reason /attributes exists.

6 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Same could've been said for GTA SA RP Servers and it was pulled off pretty good, there's a reason /attributes exists.

Well yes, but you know...its not so about technical issues as it is about people, right? I can think about dozen of reasons why underaged roleplay shouldn't be widespread.

Edited by Engelbert

Gangs rely on underage characters, because it develops a story better. Most people in the good land of south LA join a gang by the time they’re 14-16, and once they age up, they start to rank up. By the time you’re 18-20, if you’re still alive, you’re a shot caller or an enforcer. I don’t really see the problem, if you hate gangs don’t roleplay with them. Don’t go to any ghetto area, we don’t wanna see you rev up your Lamborghini or do donuts anyways.  If you hate underage characters, I’m sure you’ll find more 18-21 year olds at your car meets. 

Edited by Dynamite!
  • Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...

I saw people RP'ing minors to gather some benefits in a style of this:

Example No-1. There is 14 - 15 y/o IC gang-banger. - he gets his ass kicked IC'ly by cops with tazers or other people. They start complaining OOC'ly -  (( OMFG how could you do this to kid, how could you punch a kid, omfg. IRL you wouldn't do it. ))

Example No-2. There is again this 14 - 15 y/o IC gang-banger. He gets 1 vs 1 situation with a 40y/o Serbian mobster in a leather jacket. He fearlessly starts insulting the mobster back and even worse, starts 1 vs 1 fist fight.

Example No-3.  There is again this 14-15y/o IC gang-banger that drives around in Sultan with his homies and shoots everyone with AK-47 like some freaking OG from 90's.

My verdict is simple:

Make the minimal age to be 17 - 18 and everything will be good. I don't think it's necesarry to go lower.

Well, how the fuck am I gonna roleplay a pedophile with no kids around? But on a serious note, that's just a bad idea. It limits creative freedom, stops various avenues of roleplay and is in general completely unnecessary. It's as easy as doing /examine to confirm someone's age IC.

Idk if this has been said already, but can child characters format their names as for example: John Smith_C(for child) or John Smith_M(minor)

This would indicate to people seeing the name tag that they are a minor. After turning 18, this can be removed though a name change? Just a thought as I have seen other rp servers use this to prevent accidental pedophilia and pesky things like that when all character models are pretty much the same.

Okay. No I do not agree with this for reasons already stated. It is realistic for one a young kid in their teens to be involved in gangs ect. However, the argument that they use about being tased  I believe is invalid. My advice, don’t listen to these people. One of my characters, Richard Para is a 15 y/o gang member for instance. So committing crimes basically comes with the character and the gang. I enjoy role playing him and at this age, as stated before it creates a ton of role play, that you wouldn’t see role playing an adult. But, not once have I complained in /b about getting tased due to my age. If I break the law and get in a chase, getting tased is one of the many punishments you face from committing a crime. So like I said before, just don’t listen to these people. 

Edited by SOLID24
5 hours ago, RolexLV said:

I saw people RP'ing minors to gather some benefits in a style of this:

Example No-1. There is 14 - 15 y/o IC gang-banger. - he gets his ass kicked IC'ly by cops with tazers or other people. They start complaining OOC'ly -  (( OMFG how could you do this to kid, how could you punch a kid, omfg. IRL you wouldn't do it. ))

Example No-2. There is again this 14 - 15 y/o IC gang-banger. He gets 1 vs 1 situation with a 40y/o Serbian mobster in a leather jacket. He fearlessly starts insulting the mobster back and even worse, starts 1 vs 1 fist fight.

Example No-3.  There is again this 14-15y/o IC gang-banger that drives around in Sultan with his homies and shoots everyone with AK-47 like some freaking OG from 90's.

My verdict is simple:

Make the minimal age to be 17 - 18 and everything will be good. I don't think it's necesarry to go lower.

Edited by DLimit