Minimum age for characters?

Westen

Just now, hentai! said:

In my opinion we should not restrict the minimum age to 18+ as someone suggested, I'd rather see more people use and read other people's /attributes as soon as the roleplay starts, so that everyone knows who they're dealing with. Let's make this our habits and everything will be solved.

sounds retarded, it wont solve shit.

Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

sounds retarded, it wont solve shit. 

/attributes is there for a few reasons, but the main one - in my opinion - is so you don't have to waste time asking multiple questions about a character's appearance on /do. It will not SOLVE the issue but it will improve things.

Still wont solve anything. Like I said on the last page, restricting players to rping 18+ would destroy roleplay for every single street gang that's roleplayed on the server. 99% of these gangs rely on people roleplaying minors, because it doesn't make sense to join a street gang as an 18+ year old.

The cons of restricting players from rping minors outweigh the pros.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
  • Upvote 1
Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Still wont solve anything. Like I said on the last page, restricting players to rping 18+ would destroy roleplay for every single street gang that's roleplayed on the server. 99% of these gangs rely on people roleplaying minors, because it doesn't make sense to join a street gang as an 18+ year old. 

Yeah I didn't mean to go off-topic with the attributes thing, I'm just saying that having your attributes properly written AND having people /examine you could help avoid confusion and all that. I completely agree that they shouldn't limit character age to 18+ because it would ruin things for many players.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Syrike said:

Hi, just going to chime in here, theres really no reason why your 13/14/15 year old should be treated differently because they're a dumbass who intrudes on a police scene, there is nothing in the San Andreas penal code to specify that a minor has to be treated differently to an adult and as such, they are treated the way they are. (Not PDs fault here, they don't make the laws.)

Now I fully expect someone to comment on here. "But that's just poor RP, you should just treat them differently anyway because it's more realistic!" No, not really, once kids start shooting at cops and killing them, something which has happened, and still happens, why would the cops decide that they should still be treated differently when the environment suggests otherwise.

In short, Cops aren't required to discern the age legally, given what happens on the server and how the players of these characters act in some cases (Not all players, there are good ones) They should not be expected to treat them differently because it would be illogical and entirely unsafe to do so.

This actually seems the better and easier solution. It allows people to roleplay their character at an age of their choosing without it being a detriment overall. If anything, this should probably be referred to frequently too, so as to discourage those that would think being underage allows a free means to avoid repercussions.

I roleplay a 13 year old. I took this character on knowing full well beforehand that my character is going to less capable of doing things that a fully developed man can do. I agree that my character is less capable of defending himself against those older and is less physical (mentally too). 

I don't think anything can be done about it, other then before committing to a young character you MUST appreciate the fact that the older and more developed characters will be able to over power you. It's not power-gaming, it's realistic. 

Only thing I could think of, if it is possible of course; would be to bring in some sort of system where you enter your age scriptly to your character and your abilities depend on the age your character is? I don't know. But message to those with young characters: Act your feckin' age ? 

• Upvote 1

I roleplay a 13 year old. I took this character on knowing full well beforehand that my character is going to less capable of doing things that a fully developed man can do. I agree that my character is less capable of defending himself against those older and is less physical (mentally too). 

I don't think anything can be done about it, other then before committing to a young character you MUST appreciate the fact that the older and more developed characters will be able to over power you. It's not power-gaming, it's realistic. 

Only thing I could think of, if it is possible of course; would be to bring in some sort of system where you enter your age scriptly to your character and your abilities depend on the age your character is? I don't know. But message to those with young characters: Act your feckin' age ? 

People that are 16 just saying tall and built a certain way, enough said below 

Edited by BigDrip
4 hours ago, BigDrip said:

People that are 16 just saying tall and built a certain way, enough said below 

For real. You do get the early developers. However there’s a massive difference between 13 and 16. I’m talking about /YOUNG/. 

Don’t show me a vid of a 13 year old beating on a man neither, I’ve seen it. What I’m saying is; if you’re are a kid, you’re MOST LIKELY gonna get out weighed by someone older and more developed. It’s nothing but facts. 

I think if you’re 15+ you can get away with it abit more as you go through puberty stages and start to develop massively in them years.