See distant roleplay through /camera

Morgan

Suggestion template

Short description: See distant roleplay through /camera

Detailed description:  When somebody uses /camera to zoom in on a group of people for example, they are able to visually see them but they can't be sure of what they are actually doing, because you can't see their roleplay. You just see people standing, whereas, in real life, you'd be able to see their movements and actions. You can literally be witnessing a drug deal and you wouldn't be able to know what's going on.

What I'm suggesting is to transform all /me's and /do's to /ame's upon using /camera, and enhance the distance at which we can see /ame's to cover the same distance we can see visually with the camera. The size of /ame's  would still depend on the distance you're watching it from. This will be greatly used by LEO's, private investigators and even civilians and illegal RPers. 

Edit: You should also be able to see their nametag to actually recognize them ICly.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? Improve investigative RP, realism, common sense

Additional information:

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

This was a great issue on SAMP as we always had to run up to people after doing 2 H of surveillance just to ask what we would see through the camera.

In 95% of those sits, they would just Metagame it and ruin the entire RP.

As much as this sounds too much, it's highly realistic, especially because majority of the players will either metagame (when we ask about what is seen), ignore or just say they were talking even though they were dealing drugs etc.

I support this.

Edited by Reddington

Removes possibilities of metagame, means you actually have to be able to see them in the first person view, and not over a wall. Also means officers doing investigative roleplay aren't just sitting there waiting for a fight or shooting, they can actually investigate the actions of those they're watching. Could also be used by illegal roleplayers to get an advantage on their rivals and whatnot.