What were your RP interest first time joining the server && what can be improve for illegal rp?

BigDrip

53 minutes ago, Westen said:

Out of curiosity, is there a limit to the weapons that illegal factions get through the supplier system?

So normally it's 20 guns a month and it's a mixture of pistols, shotguns, SMG's and Rifles. I believe that has something to do with what your supplier background is (A supplier with connections to eastern Europe will get more rifles while someone with a straw purchaser background might get more pistols, or at least that's what I was lead to believe). Most of these suppliers are given to larger organized crime groups with massive influences (Rightfully so) but the issue is by the time the members of that faction have got to pick through a month's drop. There is little left to sell to street guys and smaller groups, if anything. 

Now I don't have an issue with suppliers using their position to keep their own guys armed, it's only naturally that you would arm your own guys before you sell off your supply. But to put it in prospective, if the Mexican Mafia wanted to supply all it's different Sureno sets? It would take them more then three months just to receive enough weapons to supply all of them.

Now, on top of all of that. There is a specific rule that a lot of people fail to mention when talking about suppliers. That is that a supplier has to limit their transactions to only those parties who's RP meet the highest standard on the server. Failure to abide by this rule and just selling to whoever will get your supplier removed. There are few players who have both the RP skill set plus the ability to play an intermediary between the OC figures on the server and the street guys who need the guns the most. This leads to the a disconnect where OC players like myself have an abundance of illegal goods but no one to sell them to. Short of driving to the southside and going "Hi I'd like to be your plug" there's not a whole lot we can do.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Henning said:

Now, on top of all of that. There is a specific rule that a lot of people fail to mention when talking about suppliers. That is that a supplier has to limit their transactions to only those parties who's RP meet the highest standard on the server. Failure to abide by this rule and just selling to whoever will get your supplier removed. There are few players who have both the RP skill set plus the ability to play an intermediary between the OC figures on the server and the street guys who need the guns the most. This leads to the a disconnect where OC players like myself have an abundance of illegal goods but no one to sell them to. Short of driving to the southside and going "Hi I'd like to be your plug" there's not a whole lot we can do.

I would imagine that as hard as it is to play that role of being that intermediary, it's even harder to spot it, and vet it. Good on you guys for doing it effectively and not just blowing your weapons out to whoever comes around.

1 minute ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I would imagine that as hard as it is to play that role of being that intermediary, it's even harder to spot it, and vet it. Good on you guys for doing it effectively and not just blowing your weapons out to whoever comes around.

It is really difficult, honestly I'd say I'm more inclined to supply "Mall rats" then I am to supply proper illegal RPers, At least the mall rats attempt to make a connection with you and when you do sell to them, they are more then happy to get what they are getting. Most illegal RPer's I've had dealings with act absolutely oblivious to any other criminal outside their own faction and if they do wanna make a connection they could care less about dealing with someone more on their level. They only want to deal with the guy in charge.

But people fail to realize that you can get a lot more out of a deal if you build some form of RP with affiliates and members of different factions. you don't want to get the deal straight from the main guy, you want to go through one of his associates he already trusts. Here's an example:

Your at a club that's very clearly connected to the Italian mob, you know these guys probably can supply your entire faction if you win them over. Are you going to walk up to the mob boss sitting in VIP and ask for a sit down or are you going to find one of his soldiers, befriend them THEN ask for an introduction? If you go straight to the mob boss? He's going to think your either a undercover or someone who's clearly too reckless to do business with. You get an introduction through one of his guys? You have someone vouching for you, someone who can be your foot in the door.

Just now, Henning said:

It is really difficult, honestly I'd say I'm more inclined to supply "Mall rats" then I am to supply proper illegal RPers, At least the mall rats attempt to make a connection with you and when you do sell to them, they are more then happy to get what they are getting. Most illegal RPer's I've had dealings with act absolutely oblivious to any other criminal outside their own faction and if they do wanna make a connection they could care less about dealing with someone more on their level. They only want to deal with the guy in charge.

But people fail to realize that you can get a lot more out of a deal if you build some form of RP with affiliates and members of different factions. you don't want to get the deal straight from the main guy, you want to go through one of his associates he already trusts. Here's an example:

Your at a club that's very clearly connected to the Italian mob, you know these guys probably can supply your entire faction if you win them over. Are you going to walk up to the mob boss sitting in VIP and ask for a sit down or are you going to find one of his soldiers, befriend them THEN ask for an introduction? If you go straight to the mob boss? He's going to think your either a undercover or someone who's clearly too reckless to do business with. You get an introduction through one of his guys? You have someone vouching for you, someone who can be your foot in the door.

Yep. I've seen that cycle run it's course probably a hundred times. I've always kind of wanted to play that intermediary character that knows everyone. And tries to set shit like that up. But I don't know if the server in it's current iteration is ready for that, or even able to facilitate it.

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Yep. I've seen that cycle run it's course probably a hundred times. I've always kind of wanted to play that intermediary character that knows everyone. And tries to set shit like that up. But I don't know if the server in it's current iteration is ready for that, or even able to facilitate it.

I think there is a huge market for older, black characters living in the south side who can facilitate deals between OC groups and the existing black gangs. There seems to be very little IC connections between these gangs and OC groups. The only suggestion I'd have is setup your OC connections before you setup your gangland ones, it seems people have little respect for any character that can't immediately offer something up.

Just now, Henning said:

I think there is a huge market for older, black characters living in the south side who can facilitate deals between OC groups and the existing black gangs. There seems to be very little IC connections between these gangs and OC groups. The only suggestion I'd have is setup your OC connections before you setup your gangland ones, it seems people have little respect for any character that can't immediately offer something up.

Honestly man, I think there is a huge market for older, seasoned, well made characters that could act as the go between for OC and gangs of all ethnicities. I just haven't seen it man. And they may be out there. But a lot of what I see is the "/me is 15."

As someone with roleplays a middleman and supplies quite a few players throughout the server with illegal goods, I have to say gangs need weapons the most, but they will either act in a greedy manner or will be very inconsistent in their roleplay. Honestly? It's better to supply someone who is happy to get what you have and pays well than to supply any sort of gangs.

Realistically speaking, drug & weapon dealers have two things on their mind when doing deals.
1. Will this person cause me any trouble? Are they a cop or someone that is likely to set me up in the future, either to be robbed or scammed?

2. Do they have the money to pay?

You'll quickly realize that the people who are worth being supplied according to the above criteria are usually not in gangs at all.

• 8 months later...