What were your RP interest first time joining the server && what can be improve for illegal rp?

BigDrip

10 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

To be fair, some of the systems I mentioned are systems that can be set up entirely by the players themselves. A database would require updating based on every crime committed, but it would certainly fast-track investigations into certain crimes by giving detectives a sort of list of offenders known by their crimes and how they might relate to the current investigations.

For example - assume a shooting occurred on the corner of this st. and that ave. and arson was attempted to cover up evidence. The detectives could open up the database and look to see if any recorded criminals have a record of firearms possession or arson (their names would be recorded under those categories) and it can them be narrowed down by seeing if they are guilty of crime one AND crime two, as well as any indication of operating in the area.

This would require some work in record-keeping, and some officers may even wish to be vigilant in maintaining backup copies.

I agree, which is why we already have all of that. I was just saying we lack crucial script support for detectives to do as you said. 

On 5/6/2020 at 6:53 AM, Zayyy said:

Law is OP and illegal side is nerfed atm.

If you can tell me how the illegal side is nerfed at the moment, I'd gladly listen to you go on for hours. A drug system would surely help, but besides that, illegal roleplay has always been left up to the creativity of the players that do it, you can't expect to always do the same thing and then get away with it repeatedly. Illegal roleplayers shouldn't have the upper hand over an entire police force, but with careful planning and execution one could get that upper hand. You shouldn't have every advantage put in your hand, but you should be able to manipulate the little you have to outsmart them. If you want to roleplay a careless person, props to you but accept the consequence.

I think having some more government agencies would be cool and good for illegal rp, mainly the FBI and IRS in specific. FBI would serve as the main opponent to organised crime groups focusing on intelligence gathering, wiretaps/listening devices, rico cases, informant turning/handling etc. This fac would have to pretty well regulated though and made sure that it is used to actually have a positive, fair and unbaised impact on illegal rp/facs. The way I see an IRS fac working would require more in-depth financial systems that reflect how it works irl, at the very least so that you can't just deposit large sums of undocumented money into the bank without raising some suspicion. This way criminals will actually have to start laundering their money, otherwise the IRS would begin investigating them and could potentially make a case against them and have their assets seized etc. 

On 5/3/2020 at 1:20 AM, BigDrip said:

As I've seen so far, there's a lot of players towards legal role play. That's cool, but it can get repetitive in my own opinion from my experiences.  

You’re not wrong.  I once pointed out how roleplay in the criminal court can become and was becoming repetitive, and it was taken the wrong way;  it also contributed to the situation I find myself in right now — no longer roleplaying there.  Some people are too fragile, too often mistake confidence for aggression, or too authoritarian to take criticism.   

My suggestion for improving illegal roleplay and making it more profitable would be to consider longer roleplay scenarios that might allow you to reap big (but still under the scam limit, if the roleplay involves one victim).  I don’t have any specific ideas off the top my head, but I can give a counterexample: robberies.  They rarely last very long, ending as quick as they strike their victim.  The perpetrators also don’t typically end up with much. 

Perhaps raising the scam limit will open up new opportunities in illegal roleplay.  But as it stands, you’re probably right to suggest that legal roleplay is easiest way to become well-off.  

On 5/7/2020 at 7:39 AM, Sammux said:

If you can tell me how the illegal side is nerfed at the moment, I'd gladly listen to you go on for hours. A drug system would surely help, but besides that, illegal roleplay has always been left up to the creativity of the players that do it, you can't expect to always do the same thing and then get away with it repeatedly. Illegal roleplayers shouldn't have the upper hand over an entire police force, but with careful planning and execution one could get that upper hand. You shouldn't have every advantage put in your hand, but you should be able to manipulate the little you have to outsmart them. If you want to roleplay a careless person, props to you but accept the consequence.

The sheer fact that PD can use voice chat for their IC radio should be evidence enough. The moment an officer sees a crime being commited, they report it over TS and fifteen squad cars are on the scene in seconds. It makes it INCREDIBLY frustrating to do criminal RP when the police have so many advantages- hardly any repercussions for dying, as they can't lose any items on their person when they die, have been reported for meta gaming  with very clear evidence without anything being done against them, and will charge groups of armed individuals alone and suffer no consequences if they die (which would fall under FearRP; I've seen this done with one officer armed with a sidearm and a group of men armed with shotguns).  

9 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

Suppliers need to get more guns per month, or the month thing needs to end and shortened to two weeks. 

Out of curiosity, is there a limit to the weapons that illegal factions get through the supplier system?

17 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

20 per month, which may seem like a lot, but when it's spread between factions, it gets hazey.

That number is wayyyyyyyy to low. This is a 400+ player server. The amount of weapons loss and gained don't equate. I'd like that  the  amount of guns given is bi weekly or increased or suppliers given more weapons a month.

Edited by MickeyO