What were your RP interest first time joining the server && what can be improve for illegal rp?

BigDrip

Just now, DasFroggy said:

Are you?

What else do you expect from a robbery roleplay? It already gives you insane advantage time-wise. It has to be kept as short as possible due to all the other risks from around. The pure purpose of robbery, is to gain something from the victim, you know?

Just now, Demon Dooski said:

What else do you expect from a robbery roleplay? It already gives you insane advantage time-wise. It has to be kept as short as possible due to all the other risks from around. The pure purpose of robbery, is to gain something from the victim, you know?

I am perfectly fine helping mitigate those risks if it means the experience is more engaging and entertaining.

5 hours ago, Demon Dooski said:

FM V3 is all that is needed. 

IFM keeps on being circles of people who are friends with certain factions on OOC level and there's no room for improvement. IFM hasn't been involved in looking after factions or simply checking topics, there are so many questions raising when you slide through certain topics. High RP keeps on getting advertised, but have you been to Chamberlain Hills??? At least when Eyebrows were IFM, she actually made a character to go and look around, ended being dmd by a certain factions and was going to close it due to the prior reports, but wasn't allowed to by management. Why, still remains as a question.

If IFM cared for the sake of illegal factions roleplay atmosphere imrpovements, we'd have proper drug system in place. :)))

This right here. Kind of hard for any power shifts to happen IG when several of the organized crime groups and prison gangs are controlled by the same group of people OOCly. Sad because we would see a lot of interesting RP if these groups were busted up.

I think a drug update would be great but what we really need is the rest of the investigation update. From what I've been told? The wiretaps and bugs aren't IG and I've heard the body system is a joke unless your there to witness who got shot (Right now, PD gets no info from the bodies left over. Even if they'd be able to find a drivers licenses there are no names attached to the body object).

I think the best way to improve criminal RP is to give police the tools to catch the bad guys and actually take down organizations, allowing for power dynamics to shift, make PD an viable threat to criminal groups. Nobody is scared of PD because PD can't really do shit (No offense PD) and that is BULLSHIT! PD should be as much of a threat if not a bigger threat then other criminal groups.

Edited by Henning
35 minutes ago, Henning said:

This right here. Kind of hard for any power shifts to happen IG when several of the organized crime groups and prison gangs are controlled by the same group of people OOCly. Sad because we would see a lot of interesting RP if these groups were busted up.

I think a drug update would be great but what we really need is the rest of the investigation update. From what I've been told? The wiretaps and bugs aren't IG and I've heard the body system is a joke unless your there to witness who got shot (Right now, PD gets no info from the bodies left over. Even if they'd be able to find a drivers licenses there are no names attached to the body object).

I think the best way to improve criminal RP is to give police the tools to catch the bad guys and actually take down organizations, allowing for power dynamics to shift, make PD an viable threat to criminal groups. Nobody is scared of PD because PD can't really do shit (No offense PD) and that is BULLSHIT! PD should be as much of a threat if not a bigger threat then other criminal groups.

Couldn't have said it better, as much as "Added new PD vehicle," is a joke at this point, PD updates need to give them resource to investigate crime rather than vehicles for high speed chases.

I dare say most criminal RPers wouldn't mind better forensics, taps or even infiltratitors. PD RP done good is one of the most satisfying things as a criminal, at least in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Lmao said:

Couldn't have said it better, as much as "Added new PD vehicle," is a joke at this point, PD updates need to give them resource to investigate crime rather than vehicles for high speed chases.

I dare say most criminal RPers wouldn't mind better forensics, taps or even infiltratitors. PD RP done good is one of the most satisfying things as a criminal, at least in my opinion.

How extensive are the investigative methods? I had always assumed the police maintained a database of criminal offenders, noted associations, and possibly even a directory through which to reference evidence of crime and how it may relate...

...but that is entirely an assumption. Are they fairly well established in method?

Just now, Rumbunctious said:

Considering how police currently act and use the tools at their disposal, my guess is allowing them abilities mentioned above would devolve into pure rule breaking and outright abuse. Metagaming is the main offence committed by the faction; not only in micro-situations such as overusing teamspeak or handing out MDC info to OOC friends, but also in more broad scenarios such as lining up ten cruisers in Rancho because you know a CK war is about to be declared.

Don't get me wrong - I would love to see the LSPD actually investigate something more complicated than a stolen phone. That said, I'd rather they aren't given the ability to - for example - read entire conversations until their constant announcements of supposed improvement are actually reflected in their conduct.

FM V3? And who do you propose heads that team? Who do you propose make up the members? Because I can assure you there is not a single other staff member, than the man currently leading the team, who has any idea what they are talking about when it comes to illegal RP. If they do have something to say, it's a wikipedia quote.

PS. do you really expect FM to micromanage every single faction with undercover characters? If select members of the old FM team felt they had the time to do that then I'm sure it had something to do with the team then having 5x more members.

If anything, what FM needs is a select group of trusted players who are not staff members but help out in whatever ways such as reviewing faction apps in whatever avenue(s) of illegal RP they know most.

As I've said many times, Rex for management. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Henning said:

Agree with this arguement here. PD cannot take any actions against a faction as a whole. It could be fun for both sides.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

How extensive are the investigative methods? I had always assumed the police maintained a database of criminal offenders, noted associations, and possibly even a directory through which to reference evidence of crime and how it may relate...

...but that is entirely an assumption. Are they fairly well established in method?

I've commented on this on my faction thread, but the TL:DR is that we're lacking crucial investigative script support which we're currently waiting on being added. There quite simply is nothing my faction members can do about this, nor do I blame them. They use the tools they do have to the maximum of their effect, but we are lacking the serious tools required for follow through.

26 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

I've commented on this on my faction thread, but the TL:DR is that we're lacking crucial investigative script support which we're currently waiting on being added. There quite simply is nothing my faction members can do about this, nor do I blame them. They use the tools they do have to the maximum of their effect, but we are lacking the serious tools required for follow through.

To be fair, some of the systems I mentioned are systems that can be set up entirely by the players themselves. A database would require updating based on every crime committed, but it would certainly fast-track investigations into certain crimes by giving detectives a sort of list of offenders known by their crimes and how they might relate to the current investigations.

For example - assume a shooting occurred on the corner of this st. and that ave. and arson was attempted to cover up evidence. The detectives could open up the database and look to see if any recorded criminals have a record of firearms possession or arson (their names would be recorded under those categories) and it can them be narrowed down by seeing if they are guilty of crime one AND crime two, as well as any indication of operating in the area.

This would require some work in record-keeping, and some officers may even wish to be vigilant in maintaining backup copies.

Edited by DasFroggy