Clothing Guide (Clothing/Hair)

YWard

In this part of the guide, I'll be walking you through how to make your character even more unique in GTAW.

Clothing system:

I know how frustrating it must have been for you as a new player trying to get the perfect set of clothes for your character and end up with overlapping skin and shirt or shirt and pants, something like this:

DzkJXdH.png

Wait! Where are his hands? What's with all the white showing through his hoodie?

-Before I start, this guide works only on Advanced (Male/Female) Skin and the 3 main protagonist skins.

It might work on some other PED skins, but I haven't personally tried them and thus, they won't be supported in this topic. Feel free to experiment with them though.

Steps:

1. Go to any clothing store marked on the map by a T-Shirt icon.
  2. Type /buyskin if you need to change your skin first, if not skip this step and go to step 3.
  3. Click Y the following window will appear:

yuavgbD.png

As easy as this may appear in the start, once you start experimenting with the options, you'll find out that it can get quite annoying finding the right match between the Shirt, undershirt and Torso combo.

This is how I customize my character's clothing:

• Go to Shirts option and pick the Drawable variable 15.
  • Do the same for the Undershirt, i.e. Drawable variable 15.
  • For Torso, pick the variable 13.

You should end up with something looking like this:

Vs0Siie.jpg

Once you reach this state, all your problems are solved! you have no upper buddy to interfere with any thing you pick for your character!

Here's how I pick my clothing next:

----I start by picking my Shirts as follows: (Note: if you want to wear an undershirt only, you can skip this step)

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_28_09_2017_7_46_05_AM

So we picked this one

---Next step we need to pick Undershirt that looks nice with our top: (Note: if you want to be topless, you can skip this step as well)

one pro tip, usually the matching undershirt has the same ID. For example, if we picked Shirt number 1, usually Undershirt 1 goes along with that, if not it'll be very close in the order, same thing goes for Torso.

Example for an undershirt we shouldn't pick:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_28_09_2017_7_46_50_AM

Notice the white shirt under the hoodie interfering and ruining the look

Example for an Undershirt we should pick:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_28_09_2017_7_47_34_AM

At this point you'd have the full top EXCEPT HANDS (Photo is after picking torso so at this point it's normal for you to see no hands)

---Last step, pick a Torso to cover the transparent parts of your top/body, basically if you have a cut-top you need full arms and hands, if you have long sleeve, like our example you only need hands. There's plenty of variations for torso, usually the first 3 will cover most scenarios. (Worth noting number 15 is a full torso chest, hands and arms, useful for topless costumes).

Take note that picking a wrong torso can cause stuff like the following screenshot:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_28_09_2017_7_47_26_AM

Notice the skin showing all through his arms.

For Pants, Shoes and accessories, it's pretty simple! As simple as picking whatever you want of the list.

Important note for all categories:

The Texture Var parameter helps you change the texture of the items, i.e. if you like a shirt but it's white and you want it black, changing the Texture Var might achieve that for you! (i.e. changing the hoodie color from grey to red in this tutorial)

Last step:

Pick one of the slots available and save your costume to it by clicking "enter". You get a total of 9 different slots, to create 9 unique costumes your character can change to.

guide2.png

Useful note:

-You can change your outfit by simply going to any Clothing Shop, Plastic Surgeon or a Barber and picking one of your saved outfits from "Select Outfit" option then clicking enter, it will not charge you anything for simply changing the outfit BUT you need to have enough cash on you to click "Y" and get the option.

Hair System (Hair, eyebrows, facial here and chest hair):

Important note: If you're going to customize chest hair, pick an outfit with naked top (i.e. Shirt=15, Undershirt=15, Torso=15).

Simply head to any Scissors icon on the map and click "Y" and you'll get:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_25_09_2017_3_34_25_AM

The options here are self explanatory but I'll list a small tip:

A: If you're going to use the same hair style for all clothing, you can simply ignore this, pick the hair style you want and then click "Purchase All Outfits".

B: You're going to use a different hair style for each outfit, then first choose the outfit you're customizing the hair for from "Select Outfit" (The first step is optional, but helps you see how the hair will look on that given outfit) then start customizing the hair and once you're done go to the "Purchase Outfit" option and select the number of the outfit this hair corresponds to then click "Enter".

Tip for PED Skins (i.e. Michael):

For some skins such as Michael's you can change hair at the barber shop, however, facial hair cannot be changed, don't be frustrated! You can still change that by going to a Plastic Surgeon then Selecting the option "Face" then choosing from the different "Texture Var" available, same process of "Purchase Outfit" or "Purchase All Outfits" is there.

Result:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_28_09_2017_7_52_39_AM

Edited by Nervous
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Do you have any idea what accessories 2 is for? I thought it was for wrist accessories but nothing appears regardless of what slot you pick. Is the right torso ID necessary for accessory 2 to show?

In PED skins i.e. Michael's, accessories 1 and accessories 2 show different stuff, both of them work. For Custom skins most combinations of accessories 2 does nothing, I would experiment with torso, but I believe it does nothing for now.

• 3 weeks later...