Strongly suggest all softcore roleplayers to not even apply.

Ellis_B

I couldn't find a place to leave a warning so I would like to do it now here:
Don't play on this server if you are a snowflake like me, up to 2/3's are toxic players. This should be it. 

1. Assets lost, character lost. Stupid "tout ou rien" policy. GTA online is trash, but at least nobody could steal 50 000$ from you there or actually send your character to heaven/hell forever.  Character development for nothing.

2. Immersion fades with a speed of light. Last time I quit playing was not because of players' toxicity, but because I told myself: "It's the last time, one more server crash mid-family rp and you go to Narnia" I crashed, immersion lost, fun lost, I quit this game for a long time. 

3. Forced to do thing you don't want to do. Thank you for disabling forced ERP. But this is not enough. This game is not like real life, when you can always turn around and say "pa-pa, bro". You are actually forced to RP things, gladly, thanks mods and admins for letting postpone rp sessions. I appreciate it. In GTA O RP (Yeah, crazy sessions with cheaters and orbital strikes. I know. I know) you could play Obi Van Kenobi card and be like : "void that". Because it's a game, for the sake of salami pizza. It's not a simulator, where I have to wait hours to get out of jail or to get into police. Optimization didn't work. It's faster to jump with Bail in real life than in GTA W. And it means a lot. It means something is malfunctioning. All this waiting for car, for job, for money.  I want to play a game, not to suffer. BDSM is nice only when limited to specific set of rules.  Just realized that I made a double reference.

4. Paywalls. I respect donations and donators, but why do I have to spend my daily income to own a dog in online game? Am I re*****? Shouldn't I buy irl food instead? Nervous suggests buying game for 10 dollars in his "How to start" thread but do you know how much do you need for a custom mapped apartment? 

5. Sexism OOC into IC. Some, I really feel like starting swearing in 3 different languages at the same time, bad players... let's call them do-dos, actually hide their sexism, racism and even chauvinism behind a mask of IC character. Okay, mods ban some of them. But far from banning everyone. Sometimes evidence is just not enough and sometimes do-dos get ajails but they still able to play later. Perhaps it works. But the fact that do-dos are still up to 1/4 of this server - scares me. This number is higher than in my irl surrounding by -uh- 175%.  This is alarming!

6. DC, lag, desynch. Destroys immersion. I think I mentioned it before.

7. Farm. Okay, this is an obvious oversight. Today a few players got ajailed for not RPing delivery farms. I support this decision. I RP-ed my deliveries so I don't care? NO. I CARE. You force players to farm day and night to make moneys. Example: Mary is a country gurl from Grapeseed who inherited father's truck and now make a living by state-deliveries. No, she does not. Your silly deliveries limit locks newly created character out of rping a big truck deliveries. You have to start with a small van. I simply quit the char, because I don't want to play van deliveries, because it does not work for my char, sorry.
So you kinda offer immersion and character development but it's kinda handicapped.   Player have to farm. I understand, Nervous told us that we can make huge money without farm. But when server is empty and you struggle let's say to buy a Helicopter, because you need it for your pilot char - immersion gone. You are limited. So I support the bans - but please, remove locks and delete farm options. There would be no farm if there would be no possibility to farm.

8. Lore is murdered. This one is the only truly debatable. We live in LS. But somehow we need to ignore a lot of LS lore. You must understand that GTA 5 is a parody and a satire, it's not a simulator of US state. I understand that some players keep it to lore (sprunk cola in shops, attitudes, etc). But it's too hard with such a conflict. Conflict of Lore VS Reality.

9. Single-multiplayer. Yeah, hours of singleplayer since can't find anyone to rp with. Sometimes it leads me to depression.

-

Okay, now what I really enjoyed:
1. Free, unrestricted modding system is awesome. You can get any haircut, any model, anything without a ban. Even though I suspect some people of cheating (teleportation) it's still better to be open to mods. "Feels like Skyrim in online, I am excited".

2. I had a lot of lolz and happy moments with a lot of gals and guys, no doubt. I think some of them quit because server is unforgiving. 1 mistake and that's it. I DON'T talk about bans but about character development, CK, forced rp and limits. In fact, admins and mods could be stricter
to other players and other mods. That would be nice. I got 1 ajail in 10 months of play, it was fair and after a talk with Adero, we came to a conclusion that it wasn't needed and this record was removed, and that I am okay with rules. Problem? Some guys, even platinum donators - will abuse rules. And they do it in a very smart way. So, can't say it's easy to prove or counter. In general, as long as you RP-evade toxic do-dos and toxic "I want to be god in game cuz I am hurt IRL" or "I am a criminal, let's (t)roll".

3. Admins and mods are chill (not strict enough). Some players have tons of ajails. Maybe it's good. Maybe not. It's bad for me but good for majority so...

4. You get 200 000 and that's enough to develop some characters. Still a limit but at least not 0.

5. Some players are well-educated and speak multiple languages. Quite a big number, in fact. So there are good players after all. Quite a lot!

6. Server is developing and very fast. It feels good to see so many updates. Sad that RageMP is a trash.

7. Facebrowser. Good network of IC-outside-game forums and sites, awesome. What happened to FB? Why does it lag like crazy? It wasn't like this.

8. Economy. Economy.  It's like "not bad but not good"? Better than GTA O RP sessions 10/10 but still needs heavy development. To be fair, I cheated 200 kk in GTA O so I murdered the economy with this move. But at least I could RP whoever I want without forced lock.

Overview: I quit this game 4 times, 2 time because of DC and desynch. 2 times because of toxicity. When someone murders you or you die in RP in GTA O - it's okay. Somehow it becomes personal in GTA W.

I write "We have too many gangs already" on a forum, and I get a revenge in game from a player. Wow. I play a female war-vet of respectable body build - I get trolled. I try to rp single and someone teleports to me and forces a criminal RP. I want to RP with another player - he just runs away. And so on. "@It goes on and on Bound to forever Even when we're gone@" No, thank you, that's enough.

Why do I face more toxic -pardon my language- shit in this game than in real life?! Please, answer me this question guys, in PM.
I would ban a lot of folks, God bless I am no mod. But then - I think that toxicity is a key or a flagship of this server "grand theft auto". But still it could be more softcore rp like in GTA O. I don't talk about sandbox RP, since it's very limited - I talk about full scale, but adequate RP with no "Spend days in jail, you can rp in a cell 2x2". Ha-ha, very interesting. [Not].
This is just boring. I got my license issued on one char but because of bug I didn't get it and now I can't buy even ammo. Broken. This server heavily relies on multiplayer RP but in fact best scenes are singleplayer rp since it's a desert sometimes.
I also noticed how a specific mod powergames and teleports to other players to RP. Nice job, I am just going to quote smth: "
You were the Chosen One! It was said you would destroy the Sith toxic kids, not join them! Bring balance to the force server, not leave it in darkness!". (Sorry, could not resist LMAO ?).
It was fun to play, and some scenes are so epic I won't forget them in years but toxicity overwhelms good memories so: "It's time to stop. Get some help."

I understand that It may be my fault, I was expecting some soft, kind, meow-Los Santos with /voidthatilamed and this is not a server.
But I would like to mention you how I got nearly banned once from Lord of the Rings RP - mod thought I was flirting with her husband (IC), and it was not allowed by rules. 0 toxicity policy. This is what GTA W could learn. Well, maybe not this fanatical, but still.

If someone willing to offer me a server with softer rules and softer audience -  feel free to write me in PM.

I would request to lock this topic to avoid trolling and steer - send me PM if needed. Also, add some info and warnings to character's application, when they first apply for this server. Mention tout ou rien and Toxicity levels.

5 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

1. Assets lost, character lost. Stupid "tout ou rien" policy. GTA online is trash, but at least nobody could steal 50 000$ from you there or actually send your character to heaven/hell forever.  Character development for nothing.

No one should be allowed to rob 50k from you, limit is 5k. even if you're carrying 100000m on you. 

6 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

2. Immersion fades with a speed of light. Last time I quit playing was not because of players' toxicity, but because I told myself: "It's the last time, one more server crash mid-family rp and you go to Narnia" I crashed, immersion lost, fun lost, I quit this game for a long time. 

Mostly a rage issue and not so much the server, Server has grown so much and barely crashes now, I would check your internet if you're crashing often. I used to crash often too until I connected to a wired connection and now the crashes are gone. 

7 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

3. Forced to do thing you don't want to do. Thank you for disabling forced ERP. But this is not enough. This game is not like real life, when you can always turn around and say "pa-pa, bro". You are actually forced to RP things, gladly, thanks mods and admins for letting postpone rp sessions. I appreciate it. In GTA O RP (Yeah, crazy sessions with cheaters and orbital strikes. I know. I know) you could play Obi Van Kenobi card and be like : "void that". Because it's a game, for the sake of salami pizza. It's not a simulator, where I have to wait hours to get out of jail or to get into police. Optimization didn't work. It's faster to jump with Bail in real life than in GTA W. And it means a lot. It means something is malfunctioning. All this waiting for car, for job, for money.  I want to play a game, not to suffer. BDSM is nice only when limited to specific set of rules.  Just realized that I made a double reference.

You came onto a RP server, not a RPG one. Your goal shouldn't be to collect money and vehicles/properties. 

8 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

4. Paywalls. I respect donations and donators, but why do I have to spend my daily income to own a dog in online game? Am I re*****? Shouldn't I buy irl food instead? Nervous suggests buying game for 10 dollars in his "How to start" thread but do you know how much do you need for a custom mapped apartment? 

Without donations, the server wouldn't exist. Nor do you realize the amount of lag there would be if every single player was spawning dogs.(Keep in mind the server gets up to 350 players easily during the day.) I support the dogs and cats being donator only. Plus the imagine walking around a corner and seeing a dog that looks EXACTLY like yours. 

11 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

6. DC, lag, desynch. Destroys immersion. I think I mentioned it before.

Again, mostly rage issue and possibly your internet. 

11 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

7. Farm. Okay, this is an obvious oversight. Today a few players got ajailed for not RPing delivery farms. I support this decision. I RP-ed my deliveries so I don't care? NO. I CARE. You force players to farm day and night to make moneys. Example: Mary is a country gurl from Grapeseed who inherited father's truck and now make a living by state-deliveries. No, she does not. Your silly deliveries limit locks newly created character out of rping a big truck deliveries. You have to start with a small van. I simply quit the char, because I don't want to play van deliveries, because it does not work for my char, sorry.
So you kinda offer immersion and character development but it's kinda handicapped.   Player have to farm. I understand, Nervous told us that we can make huge money without farm. But when server is empty and you struggle let's say to buy a Helicopter, because you need it for your pilot char - immersion gone. You are limited. So I support the bans - but please, remove locks and delete farm options. There would be no farm if there would be no possibility to farm.

The delivery job is meant to be a starter job for players just joining to earn some money, this is announced everywhere and the goal is to get players into a job from other players. You shouldn't be grinding the delivery jobs to buy a helicopter in the first place. FD and PD both have Air Divisions where you can become a pilot. 

13 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

8. Lore is murdered. This one is the only truly debatable. We live in LS. But somehow we need to ignore a lot of LS lore. You must understand that GTA 5 is a parody and a satire, it's not a simulator of US state. I understand that some players keep it to lore (sprunk cola in shops, attitudes, etc). But it's too hard with such a conflict. Conflict of Lore VS Reality.

The server is mostly lore beside its Laws. No modded vehicles of irl makers are going to be added or is anyone calling the city "LA" 

14 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

9. Single-multiplayer. Yeah, hours of singleplayer since can't find anyone to rp with. Sometimes it leads me to depression.

Go to clubs, bars, events, theres something open enough to find someone else, make friends and call them up. You won't find anyone driving around or sitting in a apartment by yourself.  

1 hour ago, Ellis_B said:

5. Sexism OOC into IC. Some, I really feel like starting swearing in 3 different languages at the same time, bad players... let's call them do-dos, actually hide their sexism, racism and even chauvinism behind a mask of IC character. Okay, mods ban some of them. But far from banning everyone. Sometimes evidence is just not enough and sometimes do-dos get ajails but they still able to play later. Perhaps it works. But the fact that do-dos are still up to 1/4 of this server - scares me. This number is higher than in my irl surrounding by -uh- 175%.  This is alarming!

ah the good ole "yes you are ic so you are ooc" arguement.

Edited by Max3
  • Bospy locked this topic