The most overlooked type of roleplay?

np

On 5/1/2020 at 9:43 AM, Law said:

Characters with flaws such as anxiety or lack of social skills, technically a character  that’s created to lose. I never realised how much fun it actually is to develop their growth as a person whilst caught in the struggle of being taken advantage of. 

Playing to lose is an incredible time. I don't play him much, but I have a character that is a paranoid guy that only recently left his mom's basement essentially. RPing absolutely losing your shit when something doesn't go right IC and getting literally thrown from a club is a hilarious experience. I highly recommend people find the time to create a character that is a universal fuckup that always says the wrong thing (in a way that is awkward, not just to be an asshole) just to see how things can go wrong. I'm not advocating for being a troll, though. There's a pretty clear difference between the two.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, DasFroggy said:

Mugging scenes in which both participants can have fun is so strange to be overlooked as frequently as it is. Too often it is at best a one-sided OOC money grind in which the victim party is given as little say in the scene as possible, often enforced further with the threat of script-weapons to ensure OOC cooperation.

Which is a shame, as I am totally fine with handing over my possessions and giving muggers an easy win. It just sucks that no OOC courtesy is offered in return :c

Another often overlooked type of roleplay can be recovery roleplay. Spending time anchored to the hospital would be absolutely fantastic if more spent time roleplaying recovery at the hospital :V

IRL situation, you're on a street where it's completely empty because it's 2 am on a Tuesday. You're walking and three dudes with a hoodie approach you.  The first thing they'll say while pulling their gun out is "Money, now."  Mugging should take at most a minute long.  In a real situation. So yea robberies are going to be short-timed, the objective is to get the money and dip before cops or any witness see them in the action. 

Just now, BigDrip said:

IRL situation, you're on a street where it's completely empty because it's 2 am on a Tuesday. You're walking and three dudes with a hoodie approach you.  The first thing they'll say while pulling their gun out is "Money, now."  Mugging should take at most a minute long.  In a real situation. So yea robberies are going to be short-timed, the objective is to get the money and dip before cops or any witness see them in the action. 

That cant really happen on a text server where you have to type everything. Only way would be just scripted robbery with few words, without emotes, cause by the time you finished typing, cops are on site already somehow. I'd say the most overlooked roleplay is civilian rp, someone who doesn't have a mafia hitman on speed dial, just cause someone called them bad names in a cafe. Cause that happens quite often imo.

• Upvote 1

- A normal German citizen without Nazi tendencies I'd say
- Accountant RP
- Janitor RP
- School / uni teacher RP
- City maintenance gov worker perhaps too ( ones you see installing Christmas decorations, maintaining street lights, traffic lights, other street decorations, etc )
- Construction site worker RP
- Plumber and electrician RP
- Farmer RP
- Gun store owner / employee RP could be as well

- Barber / hairdresser RP

+ many more

Edited by R0xx0r
  • Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, R0xx0r said:

- Accountant RP
- Janitor RP
- City maintenance gov worker perhaps too ( ones you see installing Christmas decorations, maintaining street lights, traffic lights, other street decorations, etc )
- Farmer RP

+ many more

If only city government had public works..... That would open a nice thing for most roleplayers. But currently tje government is kinda dead and the mayor barely plays...

33 minutes ago, R0xx0r said:

- Accountant RP
- Janitor RP
- Farmer RP

+ many more

Well I have a tattoo artist if that's okay.

1 hour ago, Mattkov said:

If only city government had public works..... That would open a nice thing for most roleplayers. But currently tje government is kinda dead and the mayor barely plays...

Don't say stuff if you know nothing about it please.