Queuing /ad-s

Lukaa

Short description:  Ability to queue an /ad so you don't have to spam or keep track of seconds to make an advertisement

Detailed description:  Currently it's really painful to make an /ad, especially when server reaches "peak hours", so I think queue system of advertisements would be much more comfortable and is probably easy to implement as well

Commands to add: None, when you do /ad, let it be added in the queue

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd make the process of publishing advertisements much more comfortable and less time consuming.

Additional information:  please

This has been suggested several times. A queue won’t work. There is a 3 minute cool down on the global timer between each ad. If 15 other people have an ad in queue before you, you’d have to wait 45 minutes for your ad to show. No thank you. 

Edited by Chief
11 minutes ago, Chief said:

This has been suggested several times. A queue won’t work. There is a 3 minute cool down on the global timer between each ad. If 15 other people have an ad in queue before you, you’d have to wait 45 minutes for your ad to show. No thank you. 

Just add a maximum of ads in the queue, like 3 ads, for example when the first ad is published then there is a free space and you can add your ad in the queue.

Or redo the script and move it to the phone.

Edited by Jennie
Just now, Jennie said:

Just add a maximum of ads in the queue, like 3 ads, for example when the first ad is published then there is a free space and you can add your ad in the queue.

this just creates another backlog, people will be spamming to push their ad into that 3rd spot, so it doesn't really change anything.

imo it's not TOO bad the way it is. it's not impossible to get your ad out there, in my experience. i've never really had a lot of trouble with it

5 minutes ago, joshua said:

this just creates another backlog, people will be spamming to push their ad into that 3rd spot, so it doesn't really change anything.

imo it's not TOO bad the way it is. it's not impossible to get your ad out there, in my experience. i've never really had a lot of trouble with it

the difference is, you exactly know where to put your ad in a queue on the 3rd spot - whenever an ad gets published, so it significantly eases the problem

Moving it into mobile is also an option.

5 minutes ago, Late said:

I never have trouble putting my ads out, why is this a problem? 

Try making an advert when there's 600 players online, I need to wait at least 15 minutes because some people are either keeping track of seconds and are extremely precise, spamming or using scripts.

Why not just limit the amount of ads (/bad and /cad included) that can be pushed by adding, for example, a 20 minute timer between them so every time you try to push an ad but the timer hasn't expired, it'd give you an error as well as the time left until you can push another one?

The current system isn't that bad, but it's flawed. It's super hard to get a /bad or /cad pushed during peak times when there are multiple businesses open and all of them legitimately wanting to advertise them. I literally have to stop roleplaying so I can focus 30 or so seconds to spam /bad or /cad and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Why not just limit the amount of ads (/bad and /cad included) that can be pushed by adding, for example, a 20 minute timer between them so every time you try to push an ad but the timer hasn't expired, it'd give you an error as well as the time left until you can push another one?

The current system isn't that bad, but it's flawed. It's super hard to get a /bad or /cad pushed during peak times when there are multiple businesses open and all of them legitimately wanting to advertise them. I literally have to stop roleplaying so I can focus 30 or so seconds to spam /bad or /cad and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.

• Developer
3 hours ago, Chief said:

I’ve never had an issue either lol. I think Nervous said at one point they will eventually just redo the entire system. Probably after Rage 1.1 comes out. 

Indeed, use the search function please. This has been suggested like 4 times now.