Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Tennplugg

Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Recommended Posts

Tennplugg    200
Posted (edited)

So, as far as I know, controllers are a grey area in the rules. I've seen a lot of people abusing the fact that controllers get an "aimlock" due to the aim assist. 

Seen in this video:

 

However, I know some people use a controller to drive/fly, which I consider acceptable, but my main question is: 

Should aim assist count as breaking a rule? Since it's a clear advantage against people who do not use it.  

 

EDIT:

This is not meant as a bashing thread against the players in the topic. I really want this to be a discussion. 

Edited by Tennplugg
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tseard    90

I was not aware of the aim assist. I have used a controller myself for flying and driving. The aim assist is just wrong and should be illegal. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aim assist should be breaking rules. It just enforces the fact that some people are only here to win. Plus it makes their chars look like robots with super aim... Which isn't the case for most characters as they don't have any IC'ly training or anything. How'd they get super aim? Divine intervention? Yeah... Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennplugg    200
Just now, Tseard said:

I was not aware of the aim assist. I have used a controller myself for flying and driving. The aim assist is just wrong and should be illegal. 

You can toggle the aim assist on or off in the settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Devasta    98

I think there should without a doubt be some regulations in regards to controller use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mitch    194

Needs to be banned outright, or disabled by the developers. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chucky    107
5 minutes ago, hugopereira100 said:

Aim assist should be breaking rules. It just enforces the fact that some people are only here to win. Plus it makes their chars look like robots with super aim... Which isn't the case for most characters as they don't have any IC'ly training or anything. How'd they get super aim? Divine intervention? Yeah... Nope.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Westen    193

How do you enforce this? Unless someone uploads a shadowplay of themselves aim locking, it'd be incredibly difficult to prove especially with how easy shooting in this game is compared to say, COD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mecovy    169

Controllers are fine, they mean i can still drive and take a phone call OOC for instance.

 

aim assist is wrong, and that's what needs to be reflected in the topic title, not about controllers in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennplugg    200
Just now, Westen said:

How do you enforce this? Unless someone uploads a shadowplay of themselves aim locking, it'd be incredibly difficult to prove especially with how easy shooting in this game is compared to say, COD.

That's exactly my worries, and in some cases aim assist is incredibly hard to actually see. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×