Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Tennplugg

Just now, Jain said:

No, the controller’s aim assist actually makes sense and isn’t an instant headshottan infinirange cheat. 

What's the difference between that and an external aimbot set to shoot at body only then?

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Except it is. The range is pretty solid and it turns your shit into a laser beam. I've done enough GTA shooting on consoles to realize it's fucking ridiculous. If people use keyboard and mouse to shoot, so should other people. No assists should be given.

A mouse is a laser beam too. If you put a skilled PC player versus a skilled Console player, who wins? The PC player. 

Just now, Jain said:

A mouse is a laser beam too. If you put a skilled PC player versus a skilled Console player, who wins? The PC player. 

Thing is, if someone strafes which is often done on GTA V, you have to adjust your aim to it during a gunfight and there's a big chance you'll miss. Using a controller, that shit's on lock and all shots are on point. See what I'm getting at here?

51 minutes ago, Jain said:

It’s not an advantage if the K+M ‘Marksman’ doesn’t suck.

thats totally irrelevant my dude.

Now you're just saying that it's fair to use controller aim assist so long as the person you're in a firefight against doesnt suck. What if they, too, suck? Now you have the advantage. Don't be a smoothbrain.

The fact is, the player who uses a gamepad to play and move, with Aim-Assist on, has an advantage, over someone who uses keyboard mouse. Admins can not know for certain (100%) uses it and who does not. More over a player can disable those show a screenshot of it disabled and re-enable again. All in all, should be against the rules, because as I know so far, it is against the rules.

Flying / Driving is okay, but aim-assist no.

Edited by Vash Baldeus