Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Tennplugg

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a heretic or a dirty play-to-winner but I think the controller’s aim assist is perfectly fine. It’s a universal equalizer: just because you’re not skilled enough for Counter Strike with a K+M combo doesn’t mean your character should be as totally defenseless in a gunfight against someone who is. Plus the controller’s aim assist isn’t good at all for ranged fights. 

Just now, Jain said:

Call me a heretic or a dirty play-to-winner but I think the controller’s aim assist is perfectly fine. It’s a universal equalizer: just because you’re not skilled enough for Counter Strike with a K+M combo doesn’t mean your character should be as totally defenseless in a gunfight against someone who is. Plus the controller’s aim assist isn’t good at all for ranged fights. 

heretic.

How can you non-ironically say that it's okay to gain an advantage  with aim assist just because you suck? 

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Jain said:

So by that logic, external aim assistance should be allowed too?

Just now, Marksman said:

heretic.

How can you non-ironically say that it's okay to gain an advantage  with aim assist just because you suck? 

It’s not an advantage if the K+M ‘Marksman’ doesn’t suck.

1 minute ago, Jain said:

Except it is. The range is pretty solid and it turns your shit into a laser beam. I've done enough GTA shooting on consoles to realize it's fucking ridiculous. If people use keyboard and mouse to shoot, so should other people. No assists should be given.

Just now, Jain said:

No, the controller’s aim assist actually makes sense and isn’t an instant headshottan infinirange cheat. 

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Except it is. The range is pretty solid and it turns your shit into a laser beam. I've done enough GTA shooting on consoles to realize it's fucking ridiculous. If people use keyboard and mouse to shoot, so should other people. No assists should be given.

• Upvote 1
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Sticking with this. Not everyone is a skilled shooter but using something to assist you in a shooting is an advantage compared to others who aren't using something to help them assist, you've got something helping you shoot to kill the other party while the other party is using a keyboard and mouse. That's clearly an advantage on the other party.