Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Tennplugg

54 minutes ago, SandroXiX said:

Aim assist should be disabled by developers if you ask me

54 minutes ago, SandroXiX said:

Aim assist should be disabled by developers if you ask me

Afaik, developers can’t disable it like they did on SAMP. 

On 5/1/2020 at 6:20 AM, Shaderz said:

Good thing it was banned, aim assist is essentially cheating. 

My only concern with this is: let's say a gang member is driving around his neighborhood and the player behind the screen is playing on a controller. All of a sudden, a shoot out breaks out around him, he's obviously going to be alert and want to get involved. The question here is, is he supposed to switch immediately to mouse and keyboard in order to participate in such event? And if so, wouldn't that necessarily give him an unfair disadvantage, given the fact that it can take up some time to properly set things up, and every second during a shoot out is crucial?

Either way, you can just full out disable aim assist in the settings for controllers. 

I didn't know about Aim assist on GTAV.
I thought it was disabled like SAMP.

I've been deathmatching with a friend on GTA:O And he was playing with the controller. Everytime i was changing the cover, he would totally wipe me.
Now I understand why that fool suddenly became GOD.

IMHO, Aim assist should be disabled.

22 hours ago, Uriz said:

Completely unfair as it seems, no one can say otherwise. If there is a way to disable it, that would be perfect.

Yeah, Aim Assist should be illegal I guess. The positive thing however is that you can detect if a player has the aim assist (on) via script, so it wouldn't be hard to forbid it.

Make it something like.. If you have Aim Assist on, it appears a message like:
"SERVER: Disable your aim assist to log in."

And when you turn your aim assist on (while you're In-Game) a message should be sent to online administrators:
"AdmWrg: John Doe (47) just enabled his aim assist, type /recon 47 to check."

..Or just kick you. It would even be easier.

Edited by Mikee
8 hours ago, Mikee said:

Yeah, Aim Assist should be illegal I guess. The positive thing however is that you can detect if a player has the aim assist (on) via script, so it wouldn't be hard to forbid it.

Make it something like.. If you have Aim Assist on, it appears a message like:
"SERVER: Disable your aim assist to log in."

And when you turn your aim assist on (while you're In-Game) a message should be sent to online administrators:
"AdmWrg: John Doe (47) just enabled his aim assist, type /recon 47 to check."

..Or just kick you. It would even be easier.

I'm unsure if RAGE reports the client settings or has a way to ask the client to provide a specific setting. At least, I've not been able to find any documentation that suggests it.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, Wisci said:

I'm unsure if RAGE reports the client settings or has a way to ask the client to provide a specific setting. At least, I've not been able to find any documentation that suggests it.

Allegedly possible using the snippet below.

mp.game.gameplay.getProfileSetting(settingID);

The problem is that the setting IDs are not known and it would take a lot of trial and error to find the one that controls the state of Aim Assist.

Another approach would imply overriding the lock-on range to 0 or something along those lines. It should be possible using the following native: https://cdn.rage.mp/public/natives/#native_0x29961D490E5814FD

Edited by Maple