Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Tennplugg

9 hours ago, Wisci said:

Players can opt to disable the aiming functionality under 'Targeting Mode' in Gamepad settings. The options are:

• Free Aim; full manual control
  • Free Aim - Assisted; will 'snap' towards your target on initial ADS, but requires manual control after
  • Assisted Aim - Partial; snap on ADS, and when the crosshair approaches a target it will slow down and semi-track
  • Assisted Aim - Full; aiming down sights locks onto a target and follows the body part directed at

Considering free aim with a controller is already a disadvantage, I don't see any reason Free Aim and Free Aim - Assisted can't be allowed for game pads.

Yes this

Edited by Raindance

Good thing it was banned, aim assist is essentially cheating. 

My only concern with this is: let's say a gang member is driving around his neighborhood and the player behind the screen is playing on a controller. All of a sudden, a shoot out breaks out around him, he's obviously going to be alert and want to get involved. The question here is, is he supposed to switch immediately to mouse and keyboard in order to participate in such event? And if so, wouldn't that necessarily give him an unfair disadvantage, given the fact that it can take up some time to properly set things up, and every second during a shoot out is crucial?

30 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Good thing it was banned, aim assist is essentially cheating. 

My only concern with this is: let's say a gang member is driving around his neighborhood and the player behind the screen is playing on a controller. All of a sudden, a shoot out breaks out around him, he's obviously going to be alert and want to get involved. The question here is, is he supposed to switch immediately to mouse and keyboard in order to participate in such event? And if so, wouldn't that necessarily give him an unfair disadvantage, given the fact that it can take up some time to properly set things up, and every second during a shoot out is crucial?

how would it take time, u just put ur controller down and start using the keyboard.

besides thats literally their fault, if ur driving around knowing u may be shot at, dont use a controller. 

15 minutes ago, Shekh said:

how would it take time, u just put ur controller down and start using the keyboard.

besides thats literally their fault, if ur driving around knowing u may be shot at, dont use a controller. 

Is the keyboard and mouse still functional even when the controller is plugged in? I heard somewhere that you need to go to your computer settings to fully disable some controllers, namely wireless or non plug and play ones.

1 hour ago, Shaderz said:

Don't use a controller then? That's on them completely. It can't be an unfair disadvantage if they're purposefully putting themself at that disadvantage in the first place.

Any level of aim assist should be banned; it's completely unfair. If you want to shoot? Use a mouse and keyboard.

5 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Is the keyboard and mouse still functional even when the controller is plugged in? I heard somewhere that you need to go to your computer settings to fully disable some controllers, namely wireless or non plug and play ones.

You can swap between them at will in nearly all cases, to answer this yes he would be expected to swap or simply disable any form of aim assist in his settings. Using the controller is their personal choice and that personal choice may put them at a disadvantage.

• Upvote 1

The devs need to do something about it. In regards to completely outlawing controllers, no way. I'm not going to be forced to drive with archaic keyboard controls just because some sub-twenty IQ idiot needs to win every gunfight he gets into.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, Shekh said:

This. It feels like the "but what if a shootout takes place?" argument is a bit funny since you can immediately switch to keyboard&mouse without going through any settings in-game.