Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Tennplugg

So, as far as I know, controllers are a grey area in the rules. I've seen a lot of people abusing the fact that controllers get an "aimlock" due to the aim assist. 

Seen in this video:

However, I know some people use a controller to drive/fly, which I consider acceptable, but my main question is: 

Should aim assist count as breaking a rule? Since it's a clear advantage against people who do not use it.  

EDIT:

This is not meant as a bashing thread against the players in the topic. I really want this to be a discussion. 

Edited by Tennplugg
  • Upvote 3

Aim assist should be breaking rules. It just enforces the fact that some people are only here to win. Plus it makes their chars look like robots with super aim... Which isn't the case for most characters as they don't have any IC'ly training or anything. How'd they get super aim? Divine intervention? Yeah... Nope.

5 minutes ago, hugopereira100 said:

Aim assist should be breaking rules. It just enforces the fact that some people are only here to win. Plus it makes their chars look like robots with super aim... Which isn't the case for most characters as they don't have any IC'ly training or anything. How'd they get super aim? Divine intervention? Yeah... Nope.

Just now, Westen said:

How do you enforce this? Unless someone uploads a shadowplay of themselves aim locking, it'd be incredibly difficult to prove especially with how easy shooting in this game is compared to say, COD.

That's exactly my worries, and in some cases aim assist is incredibly hard to actually see. 

• Upvote 1