Insurance

stringer

This is just a discussion topic, I just want to see what other players think about this. Right now insurance on some vehicles got increased. (And some vehicles have too high insurance compared to others).

Now I am not saying to revert this change, but in my opinion, it would be better if the insurance script will be expanded upon. Right now you pay and you get nothing in return.

Discuss pls.

What's the increase numerically? Could you provide some examples, including some of the 'bad ones'?

Unless it's something hysterical like multiple times more the cost of the vehicle itself, you won't find me sympathetic either way. The insurance script already does provide you with something -- legal and recognized ownership and protection in case of destruction. It's also meant to create a negative incentive for players to only purchase things that their income can reasonably maintain.

If this update is hitting you hard, then all you have to do is sell some cars and/or downgrade to a cheaper car. Or you could scramble to increase your income. Whichever.

Edited by Exploits
8 minutes ago, Exploits said:

What's the increase numerically? Could you provide some examples, including some of the 'bad ones'?

Unless it's something hysterical like multiple times more the cost of the vehicle itself, you won't find me sympathetic either way. The insurance script already does provide you with something -- legal and recognized ownership and protection in case of destruction. It's also meant to create a negative incentive for players to only purchase things that their income can reasonably maintain.

If this update is hitting you hard, then all you have to do is sell some cars and/or downgrade to a cheaper car. Or you could scramble to increase your income. Whichever.

I just told you in the thread that the update does not affect me in any way and I'm not about DECREASING the prices, but actually offering something instead of it just being a money sink without any benefits to the person who pays.

4 minutes ago, Jennie said:

@Exploits
Kawaii from 2850 to 14500$, for example.

When this car costs 95.000$ and the Z190 costs 195.000 and the insurance has the same price, it makes no sense.

Also, insurance offers nothing, just a tax for nothing, because it's there.

What do you mean insurance offers nothing? You do realize if your vehicle gets destroyed without insurance, you lose it permanently, right? You also need insurance in some states in the US, and that falls under realism. Insurance isn't "just a tax for nothing." It's required by law IG wise and it protects your vehicle from being lost forever.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

What do you mean insurance offers nothing? You do realize if your vehicle gets destroyed without insurance, you lose it permanently, right? You also need insurance in some states in the US, and that falls under realism. Insurance isn't "just a tax for nothing." It's required by law IG wise and it protects your vehicle from being lost forever.

I never exploded my car since I'm playing, IRL insurance also serves to repair the vehicle in case of damage against another vehicle, as well as damage that the driver may have suffered, in GTAW the insurance only serves to remove money and prevent people from having expensive cars, I am not against the insurance, I'm against the prices the script assigns.

It is surreal that a $198,000 vehicle has 15k insurance when another 95,000 vehicle has insurance of the same price, among many things.

Edited by Jennie
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

You don't lose your vehicle permanently, what are you on about? I'm saying that IRL insurance is more than it is just in this game. It has some benefits, unlike it does here. Here it is literally a tax for nothing.

Let's not forget that insurance IRL also has a variable price based on your age/time without accidents.

Edited by Rozi

Insurance should honestly be a player ran business type, each insurance can offer different prices with different perks.

(Being guided by rules on where the prices should be)

Cheaper the insurance, the less benefits it has. 

For example of perks

Faster payout on wrecked car

more coverage amount

More types of coverage, like repair coverage, modification coverage

etc

• Upvote 3

Bought a Paragon and I was aware of the fact that its insurance was 32k and I was 'kinda' okay because of the car's looks itself. Today one of my friend buys a cheetah and finds out the insurance pay was increased from 44k to 82, like what? How are people willing to pay that amount every month? They worked for it, made that 400 or 500ks n bought the specific cars and after this they have to pay that much monthly? Literally checked the paragon's insurance pay today and it was 60. 44k and 32k was totally fine and I cannot see the point of increasing the pays to that amount, it's ridiculous and kinda unrealistic too. Supercar owners basically have to own clubs from now on and I'm pretty sure club owners wouldn't even be happy paying that amount. People will even grind from now on, farm paychecks to make that much per month imo and that's not really right. Also, having the specific amount of cash doesn't mean we have to spend it only on the insurances, I get it owning a luxurious car you should have the opportunity to afford the insurance pay but like I said, it's over the limit really.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jennie said:

I never exploded my car since I'm playing, IRL insurance also serves to repair the vehicle in case of damage against another vehicle, as well as damage that the driver may have suffered, in GTAW the insurance only serves to remove money and prevent people from having expensive cars, I am not against the insurance, I'm against the prices the script assigns.

It is surreal that a $198,000 vehicle has 15k insurance when another 95,000 vehicle has insurance of the same price, among many things.

$198,000 is a large sum of money for a vehicle. 15 grand insurance is perfectly fine. My Dominator Classic is 15.6 grand a month and you don't see me complaining. Shit's perfectly fine and I'm glad it's decently priced. Not sure why a 95 grand vehicle got a 15 grand insurance fee but that's not up to me to decide.

You don't lose your vehicle permanently, what are you on about? I'm saying that IRL insurance is more than it is just in this game. It has some benefits, unlike it does here. Here it is literally a tax for nothing.

Apparently if your vehicle gets wrecked, you have to pay a premium to get it back when spawning it again. That's one benefit of insurance. Another one is you know. Staying legal and out of jail. You can get your car impounded without insurance. That's another benefit. So it's clearly not "a tax for nothing."