Insurance

stringer

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

$198,000 is a large sum of money for a vehicle. 15 grand insurance is perfectly fine. My Dominator Classic is 15.6 grand a month and you don't see me complaining. Shit's perfectly fine and I'm glad it's decently priced. Not sure why a 95 grand vehicle got a 15 grand insurance fee but that's not up to me to decide.

Apparently if your vehicle gets wrecked, you have to pay a premium to get it back when spawning it again. That's one benefit of insurance. Another one is you know. Staying legal and out of jail. You can get your car impounded without insurance. That's another benefit. So it's clearly not "a tax for nothing."

But there is something else IRL that allows you to drive on the road. ROAD TAX. The reason insurance is required IRL is if you cause an accident, the guy you fucked up gets to repair his car for free and you don't go bankrupt.

Just now, Fazzy said:

Bought a Paragon and I was aware of the fact that its insurance was 32k and I was 'kinda' okay because of the car's looks itself. Today one of my friend buys a cheetah and finds out the insurance pay was increased from 44k to 82, like what? How are people willing to pay that amount every month? They worked for it, made that 400 or 500ks n bought the specific cars and after this they have to pay that much monthly? Literally checked the paragon's insurance pay today and it was 60. 44k and 32k was totally fine and I cannot see the point of increasing the pays to that amount, it's ridiculous and kinda unrealistic too. Supercar owners basically have to own clubs from now on and I'm pretty sure club owners wouldn't even be happy paying that amount. People will even grind from now on, farm paychecks to make that much per month imo and that's not really right. Also, having the specific amount of cash doesn't mean we have to spend it only on the insurances, I get it owning a luxurious car you should have the opportunity to afford the insurance pay but like I said, it's over the limit really.

They worked for it, made that 400 or 500ks n bought the specific cars and after this they have to pay that much monthly?

Yep, that's how that goes. You don't buy a supercar IRL and then pretend it's picture perfect. Maintenance, modifications, repairs and general work is EXPENSIVE for supercars. Also, if they made 400/500 grand and then bought a specific car without the funds to maintain and insure them, sounds a whole lot like a them problem. If they can't afford the upkeep, they probably shouldn't buy it.

• Applaud 1
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Yep, that's how that goes. You don't buy a supercar IRL and then pretend it's picture perfect. Maintenance, modifications, repairs and general work is EXPENSIVE for supercars. Also, if they made 400/500 grand and then bought a specific car without the funds to maintain and insure them, sounds a whole lot like a them problem. If they can't afford the upkeep, they probably shouldn't buy it.

Like I said, 32k was totally enough. Talking about real life, let's say actors and rappers who drive those type of cars mostly, they acting in a movie or releasing songs then earning millions of dollars which gives them the opportunity to pay for pretty much everything they wish for. Who will give you millions of dollars for that? People was somehow affording the previous pays with those kind of jobs but like I said it's just a lot now.

Just now, Fazzy said:

Like I said, 32k was totally enough. Talking about real life, let's say actors and rappers who drive those type of cars mostly, they acting in a movie or releasing songs then earning millions of dollars which gives them the opportunity to pay for pretty much everything they wish for. Who will give you millions of dollars for that? People was somehow affording the previous pays with those kind of jobs but like I said it's just a lot now.

And yet nobody can name a single actor/actress/rapper on GTA:W that are famous enough to be earning millions of dollars.

8 minutes ago, Fazzy said:

How are people willing to pay that amount every month? They worked for it, made that 400 or 500ks n bought the specific cars and after this they have to pay that much monthly? 

NYbJIXG.png

Listen to Jay Z. Just because you managed to earn 500k to buy a Paragon, doesn't mean that you can afford it.

The insurance pricing is insane. A regular basic bitch Mercedes station wagon is now 14K to insure. 27K for a Comet and smth like 80K for a Cheetah. I already thought the previous insurance prices were overpriced but it was affordable. I bought a supercar not too long ago knowing that I was now finally able to save up to afford the 14K insurance it had. Now I would be forced to work my ass off every day just to be able to drive a virtual car. 

I'm sorry. I like the server and all it's new features, but the insurance pricing is absolutely insane. 7K for a basic bitch GM SUV and almost 15K for a regular Mercedes station wagon you see everywhere on the road. It feels like someone is trying to find a way to steal more money from people.

30K to insure a nice vehicle is not impossible to earn but a lot of people have real life jobs and are unable to play that much or grind for so much money to drive a fun car. People are already having trouble saving up for a decent apartment. 

I never spent more than 200K on a car but irl the insurance on supercars isn't that much because companies know exotic vehicles won't be driven as much as regular vehicles. 

Edited by dionkoffie
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Not sure why a 95 grand vehicle got a 15 grand insurance fee but that's not up to me to decide.

That's why I'm here, it doesn't make sense for a car that costs 95,000 to have 15k insurance.

There is also another problem, is that when you go to buy a vehicle you don't know the price until you go to the DMV, there is also no formula or guide to calculate the price of the vehicle, and of course, then surprises come, like when I had a Futo and the insurance was 8,300 (approx) for a vehicle of 50,000, when other vehicles like Savestra have similar insurance and I think less, costing 80K (I think).

Kawaii is a damn MX5 NA from 1990, why is insurance so expensive? Not a supercar

Edited by Jennie
Just now, dionkoffie said:

The insurance pricing is insane. A regular basic bitch Mercedes station wagon is now 14K to insure. 27K for a Comet and smth like 80K for a Cheetah. I already thought the previous insurance prices were overpriced but it was affordable. I bought a supercar not too long ago knowing that I was now finally able to save up to afford the 14K insurance it had. Now I would be forced to work my ass off every day just to be able to drive a virtual car. 

I'm sorry. I like the server and all it's new features, but the insurance pricing is absolutely insane. 7K for a basic bitch GM SUV and almost 15K for a regular Mercedes station wagon you see everywhere on the road. It feels like someone is trying to find a way to steal more money from people.

I never spent more than 200K on a car but irl the insurance on supercars isn't that much because companies know exotic vehicles won't be driven as much as regular vehicles. 

+1