Fix Traffic Lights

PlayerX

Short description: Some traffic lights are broken.

Detailed description: I don't know if it would be possible to fix this, but it would increase immersion 300% if all traffic lights worked as they do IRL. Currently, some traffic lights work fine, green > yellow > red. The problem is there's no consistancy. Some intersections go from green > yellow > red > yellow, some go green > red > yellow. I've also counted at least two intersections where the timing for both directions is exactly the same, meaning both ways either read green, yellow, or red. One of those intersections connects two main roads! So, my suggestion is this -

If it's possible, we should fix the traffic light timing and set it to what it would be in real life. Green > Yellow > Red. I would prefer if it went from Green > yellow > red > red+flashing yellow (for 3 seconds or w/e until it goes back to green), but I don't know how realistic that would be in a city the size of Los Santos. I'm sure there has to be a way to manually set the timing for traffic lights, although i'm sure it would be a lot of work to have to go through every intersection on the map.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would improve immersion 300%.

Additional information: I would just like to add this would enable people to properly be able to roleplay driving through town. It's unrealistic to get pulled over for crossing a red light when the light went green > red. Would be amazing if we could fix this.

Edited by PlayerX
1 hour ago, Hawken/Moscropp said:

It'd be cool but I don't think its needed. I'm fairly sure we do not have to follow lights due to the sync issues with them. Most people wouldn't bother following them anyway.

People are only meant to follow the lights if more than one car is at the intersection I believe, also they are correctly sync'd.

5 hours ago, KFN said:

Most do tbh, its easier.

Yup it's easier, but you have to admit. if the traffic lights were fixed it would be so much better and provide more opportunities to properly rp driving around. I don't know how realistic it is to do that though.

14 hours ago, KFN said:

People are only meant to follow the lights if more than one car is at the intersection I believe, also they are correctly sync'd.

15 hours ago, Hawken/Moscropp said:

It'd be cool but I don't think its needed. I'm fairly sure we do not have to follow lights due to the sync issues with them. Most people wouldn't bother following them anyway.

14 hours ago, Pikachu said:

This would probably be too much for anybody to take care, one thing all players should do is just yield at the intersections, have them acting as stop signs instead of following the traffic lights. 

The Penal Code is clear about this. You must yield if it's a red light, then you can carry on if the road is clear. Even if there is no car at the intersection, if you don't at least slow down, you'll be pulled over by the cops. And I'm telling you this as a cop.

15 hours ago, Hawken/Moscropp said:

The lights are synced.