Personal Property Market - What do you think?

MasterChief

10 hours ago, eMe said:

A house is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. If someone wants to pay wildly over what it is worth then so be it. Capping house prices is not the answer and it limits more than it solves, inflation is a real thing and the limited supply on this server will always create huge demand. Claiming this is favouring long standing community members is no fault of their own, just like developing cities if you buy property now, in a few years you may double your investment - these players played when the server was less popular and can now reap the rewards of their dedication.

10 hours ago, zaXer. said:

+1. I've had admins pop up and ask "Why did you pay 1.4m for this club?" when in reality...its a pretty good price. Let players define their prices, if they set their things too high then nobody will buy them and they will have to drop the prices. Limiting prices will do nothing at all. 

We already have too much involvement from the admins who show up in 99% of expensive property sales and begin judging you and the seller about prices, then in the end they don't even let you buy it. 

Totally agree, as long as we keep to realism. A house in Strawberry or Davis will never be priced the same as Mirror Park or Vespucci Canals, something I don't want to see happen here. Same in real life, a property in a more crime free area will cost more than a property in an area where crime rate is higher. Another community you guys know, had the housing inflation so bad that a Grove street house was selling for millions, and not just one, mind you that is definitely an area with higher crime rate than other area of the city.

I am not against a free market, but as long as we stick to that kind of realism I mentioned here.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
11 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Let players define their prices, if they set their things too high then nobody will buy them and they will have to drop the prices.

Except this doesn’t work as intended in many cases. There is an insanely high demand for houses, so people are overpaying for properties that have no business costing that much. Prices will just skyrocket and then it won’t make sense for any characters to buy a house unless they have RP’d being rich.

It’s easy to justify your support for an open market when you have a lot of money to afford these things that skyrocket in price all the time.

The long-term effects of this is something not many seem to be able to understand. This happens in every community and HAS happened in previous communities. Once it’s too late, people don’t understand how it got so bad. I’m telling you why. A completely open market is wrong within this type of economy. Period. 

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Chief said:

Except this doesn’t work as intended in many cases. There is an insanely high demand for houses, so people are overpaying for properties that have no business costing that much. Prices will just skyrocket and then it won’t make sense for any characters to buy a house unless they have RP’d being rich. The long-term effects of this is something no one seems to be able to understand. 

Thank you, the long term effect of this (unless PM & PLM gets involved) is we'd end up like another community many of us come from.

I've been on this server for a bit over a year now and what little time I have on it is spent trying to find RP and actually RPing. Due to this I haven't acquired overly massive funds in-game and for that very reason If I had to buy a new property it'd be near impossible to afford it without grinding away for that $$$ but then everyone jumps on your neck to proclaim their position on the high horse. I recall a while back (6 or 7 months) I saw a trailer in sandy being sold for near 400k. 

Sadly it is what it is and it'd be a nice world if people would stop inflating the market by paying ridiculous prices for properties since that makes an incentive for everyone else to rock up the price.

inb4 homeless RP 

Edited by Memozzy

Houses are inflated and there are millionares, but why then there is no option to buy out the millionaire mansions and shit?  So many houses in the map but alot of them are not for sale script wise. They should be for sale for ridiculous price scriptwise because they are super attractive and all the rich players would want them. And there should be massive tax for owning more than 2 properties! Or tax based on your property price. But my solution would be to make all houses for sale.

Edited by Briutas
6 hours ago, Briutas said:

Houses are inflated and there are millionares, but why then there is no option to buy out the millionaire mansions and shit?  So many houses in the map but alot of them are not for sale script wise. They should be for sale for ridiculous price scriptwise because they are super attractive and all the rich players would want them. And there should be massive tax for owning more than 2 properties! Or tax based on your property price. But my solution would be to make all houses for sale.

No they shouldn't just be for sale scriptwise for ridiculous amounts of money, there is a reason why they are locked behind the request system.

14 minutes ago, Syrike said:

No they shouldn't just be for sale scriptwise for ridiculous amounts of money, there is a reason why they are locked behind the request system.

But It may fix the inflaation of the housing market. Especially if there was a housing tax based on house market value + properties owned. Not only would it help with inflaation but would create money leaks for a better economy.

• Upvote 1